“Fantastic Hotel... Awesome!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Shakopee, Minnesota
“Fantastic Hotel... Awesome!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The Homewood Suites Madison West, is very, very nice! The staff were very well trained, and did everything they could to make our stay more enjoyable. The breakfast staff were very friendly, the room was as clean as I expected it should be, and the front desk staff was superb. I would like to give a shout-out to Chris, who helped us figure out things to do Saturday, and also Sarah, who found us a DVD player that worked. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the Madison, Wi, area and if I am ever back in the area, this is definitely where I will be staying. As a Guest Service Agent, at a brand new Hampton Inn hotel, and a frequent traveler, I would also like to say this hotel was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 15, 2010

What a deal! Free dinner and drinks four nights a week and free hot breakfast every morning. We had a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen. It was lovely. Homewood Suites is conveniently located near all major shopping and restaurants. You can't go wrong if you stay here! We'll definitely be back!.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Stayed here for a month and found it to be just lovely. The rooms are very clean and quiet. The front desk staff are all excellent in providing anything that you could possibly need! I would definitely stay here again, and recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
JustThankful
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Homewood Suites for 1 night with our 1 y/o and 3 y/o children. The hotel was a tremendous value! We usually rent condo accomodations when we travel with our children since we always need to have microwave, refrig and more space than a typical hotel room provides). However, we got all of that and more at the Homewood Suites! Very, very clean and excellent service. We stayed in a King suite, which had a separate bedroom so that the kids could sleep in the living room while hubby and I watched TV without disturbing them in the other room. There was even a DVD player for my 3 y/o who is attached to and travels with his favorite DVD. Beautiful cabinetry, granite counters in the kitchen and bathroom were upscale touches, for sure. All the cookware we needed was available (we didn't need much, but it was helpful for heating up snacks for the kids when we usually have to toss leftovers in hotel rooms without microwaves and refrigerators). The service was very, very good. We forgot our travel crib and the management brought one up for us right away. We definitely plan to come back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We reviewed several hotels in the area and decided upon Homewood Suites - saw that they had a suite with a full kitchen & complimentary breakfast. Hotel was very clean (newer), location was a bit hard to find (behind another hotel so couldn't see from highway) ... Room was great, full kitchen was very nice - - only one issue was that the bathroom is located in room with king size bed, so my son - who slept on the fold down couch - would have to go through bedroom to get to the bathroom.... & often would go to the one by the pool instead. Staff was unbelievably great - especially Sue in the Breakfast area - super friendly and helpful - THANKS!! - and what a breakfast that was. I've been to several hotels and this one beat them all by far.... won't have to compare in the future, I'm staying here. Hands down

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 8, 2010

This was my first time at a Homewood Suites. My parents & I needed a place to stay for 1 night while in town for a family baby shower. I am a Hilton HHonors member, so my first choice in lodging was a Hilton brand hotel.

We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. I'm not sure when this hotel was built, but it looked brand new. The bed was comfortable, and the room & hallways showed no signs of wear. The room had a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, and microwave. We didn't use any of them, but if we'd been in town longer I'm sure we would've.

The front desk staff always had smiles on their faces. When we checked in we asked for a recommendation for a restaurant for dinner. She was quick to suggest options - which was much appreciated!

Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I had a cheese omelet, my parents opted for the denver omelets. We also had sausage, hashbrowns, fruit, waffles, and bagels.

I am looking forward to staying at a Homewood Suites again. This place really blew me away!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
madison wiscon
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We stayed in Homewood Suites oct 5 09 to March 5 10 for medical reason, The staff was there to help in any way they could. The food was excellent.The rooms were always clean, and comfy. The rooms were roomy and nicely decorated. This was like being home. we will use Homewood Suites from now on.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business