“Great hotel - Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites Madison West
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 11, 2014

When I come to Madison, Wisconsin, I always stay at Homewood Suites! Great food, great room, great service! I need internet access and the hotel provides free internet access without any additional charges.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Christopher H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Hey Dan, thanks for your review! We are glad that you try to stay with us when you're in town. We enjoy having you as a guest and look forward to giving you great service time and again. Thanks for your business!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at Homewood Suites while attending Epic trainning. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room was very nice, clean and had everything I could need while away from home. The breakfast was wonderful all three mornings I was there. The eggs were fantastic. I particularly liked that the bus to Epic campus picked up from this hotel last and was the first hotel on the drop off route. I plan to stay here again when I return for additional Epic classes.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Christopher H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Hi Debra, Thanks for staying and reviewing us! We're happy that you found the suite and especially the bed to be comfortable. In our mind a comfortable bed is a priority for a great stay. We hope you'll visit us again for a longer visit so you can get the full experience of Homewood Suites. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We only stayed one night but the bed was very comfortable. The suite was large, clean and nicely furnished. We didn't use the kitchen but I looked around and it was well furnished. The staff was friendly and helpful

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Rachel, Thanks for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and shuttle service for EPIC. After a long day of training it is nice to be the first hotel where the shuttle stops! It's good to hear we earned your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you agains soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The only issue was the noise from the neighboring rooms. There must not be good insulation. I could hear conversations from the room next to me and a dog barking on the other side. Otherwise, all was Excellent. The room was clean, the bed was awesome, the breakfast was great!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Jim, Thanks for the feedback! I have not heard too many issues regarding noise, but regardless of this I am sorry that you had such an experience. Our pet policy dictates that pets must be well behaved and not causing noise disturbances but we didn't catch it in this instance. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in spite of this. I hope you'll try us again so we can do a better job of providing your with a quiet, comfortable stay.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Fabulous Hotel. Great location to get to Epic Training facilities. Great services provided by the hotel (shuttle service to and from airport as well as shuttle service to Epic). Also includes complimentary breakfast and dinner each day which were good.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Jay-Lynn, We thank you for staying with us during your trip to EPIC. I am glad that our specific amenities for EPIC travelers made your trip convenient. Thanks for your feedback and I hope we'll have the opportunity to host your again on your next training trip.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I loved the hotel, food was outstanding both breakfast and dinner. The wine and beer was a great option. saved me from running to another place so I could finish my work at night. The staff was very helpful, would have liked to use fitness room but ran out of time as it was busy when I was at the hotel. Enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies for an evening snack.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Patricia, Thanks for staying with us and writing your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the quality and convenience of both our meals. In addition to our fitness center we have reduced daily rates with the nearby Princeton Club so on your next visit I hope you'll have time to get in a workout. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Ridiculous SOFT WATER means you can't rinse the soap off while in the shower and while using the sink. It is just Gross! I would have checked-out but it was too late in the evening and I had already unpacked. When I called to complain, the hotel offered to comp me for the night. Nice gesture and great attention to customer service!
Wow! They actually have trash can liners in the trash cans in the room. Wonderful! So many hotels don't use liners in the trash cans which is disgusting! However, the maids tighten with a knot, the liner so tightly - that it collapses into the trash can when you throw something away. Stop this stupid practice of knot tying the liner so tightly around the can.
Funny door location in the bathroom has you elbowing the door out of the way to use the toilet. Also the toilet-paper is hidden behind the bathroom door. Very odd setup.
Room had separate area for bed, away from living area. Also had separate thermostats for bedroom and living area. Full kitchen with fridge (and ice-maker in freezer which I love so now no treks to ice machine in hall area), microwave, dishes, etc.
Breakfast is decent and standard fare, but best part is the evening reception with light meal and wine or beer. A+
Staff is friendly and attentive. Overall, a very good choice in the Madison area if you can tolerate the soft water.

Room Tip: top floor, corner room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Christopher H, Manager at Homewood Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Jim, Thanks for staying with us and letting us know about your experience. We appreciate the detial in letting us know what did and didn't work for you. I apologize that the soft water didn't suit your preferences but glad we could rectify that situation with our satisfaction guarantee. Glad you enjoyed the service and other aspects of your stay!