“Nice Hotel in a Great City”

Homewood Suites Madison West
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel in a Great City”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business. The location of the hotel is very convenient: 15 miles from airport, 5 miles from downtown, Target across the main street, Mall just down the road and a lovely grocery and sports bar literally just across the street within walking distance. The hotel was very clean and the very few times I saw the staff, they were friendly. My only issue was that the staff was scarce - which means when my family attempted to call the hotel to reach my room (I had bad cell reception inside hotel), no one at the front desk ever answered on numerous occasions. However, I did notice that it seemed to only be one person working in the evenings and that person was helping with the dinner and cleaning of lobby. The hotel provided breakfast and lite dinner. The food was okay, I'd recommend eating elsewhere if you can or utilizing the kitchen in your room. I had a handicapped room and it was large and comfortable. It did get hot in the evenings even though it was in the 30s outside and I had the thermastat set to 65 a/c and the fan over the bed on. Overall, I would stay here again based on comfort and proximity to everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank asumrall
Christopher H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Madison West, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think! We appreciate the feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do at times wear many 'hats' at the front desk so I do apologize that at times we were away from the desk. Our goal is to be there for our guests at a moment's notice and we are always striving to give great customer service. Thank you for your business and we hope that we have a chance to serve you the next time you are in Madison!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Westland, Michigan
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel with children. It was the perfect choice for us. We were in Madison for a family event and the kitchen worked out perfectly to cook in a very usable kitchen area. The room was nice with a separate bedroom. We used the indoor pool . It wasn't great for the 1 year old, but I wasn't expecting them to have a toddler area for that visit. We left a favorite blanket behind and it took some time to confirm it was there, and for the housekeeping staff to follow up that it was found. They took care of it for us until family could pick it up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Belleville, WI
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We live close by, stayed here for Valentines which was a Thursday night. Wife's birthday was the next day. They had a complimentary supper that was a restaurant quality meal!! We couldn't believe how niece the entire experience was. The next day we were doing events that didn't let us get done until 1pm. Even though checkout was 12 noon the manager had no problem giving us until 2 pm. Would return here without any doubt!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Grayslake, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Its hard to find good reasonable places that excepts small dogs. This is one of those places. They were very accomidating. The extra price for the pet was not outrages. The room was plenty big enough for all of us. It was a great vacation for all of us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim A
Miltona, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My most recent stay at the Madison WI Homewood Suites was in mid-December and I was blown-away!

The first time we stayed there it was just a try-out. After that visit I knew I was going to be hooked so I signed-up for the Hilton Honors program.

I travel to Madison so I can spend time with my boyfriend, long-distance relationships are a bummer but we make it work. He lives with two other guys so we spend a few nights at a hotel just so we can be at ease and enjoy our alone time.

Homewood Suites is like having your own apartment so this is AWESOME for us.

The team members at the Madison Homewood Suites are exceptional. Mary, at the front desk, was amazing and made us feel so welcome and appreciated.

The hotel is beautiful and well-kept. It’s in a great location near lots of conveniences and the restaurant that provides the room service is fantastic. The Free breakfast was very nice. The pool and hot tub area are clean and in great condition.

I look forward to a summer visit so we can use the grill in the outdoor area.

The housekeeping team members do a SUPERB job and the entire facility was clean and exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: The rooms I had during both of my stays have both been great. The one bedroom suites do have a bath...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the second time that I've stayed here for business - spotless and spacious rooms, great staff. There is no on site bar/restaurant but Adler's pub is just down the road. Will definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located for day trips out of Madison to Spring Green, Dodgeville, Mount Horab, and Middleton. The front desk clerk was very helpful with directions to the various towns and attractions. I enjoyed both the breakfasts and the manager's receptions which provided enough food to be considered dinner. The indoor pool and hot tub were welcoming after a long day of touring. The hotel was spotless. I couldn't have asked for a better stay.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor, close to the pool but far enough away that I was not bothered by noi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo