“Great hotel with excellent staff and amenities”

Homewood Suites Madison West
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Great hotel with excellent staff and amenities”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed for three nights over Memorial Day weekend with our toddler. The staff was super nice and the included meals (breakfast and dinner) were above par. Clean rooms, fully apportioned with everything we needed. Having a gourmet grocery across the street (Brennan's) was also a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pond.
1 Thank portlandvisitor_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Across the board, excellent. Clean and comfortable, priced right. Great staff. I have stayed here approx 10 times, never have been dissatisfied

Maple Grove
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Full Disclosure: We stayed on Hilton Honor Points so this visit was free. However, I think I was more critical thinking they'd give us a crappy room seeing that we weren't paying guests. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Check in was quick and my daughter and I perused the meal area trying to get a feel for what would be offered the next morning at breakfast. The 17 year old spied the waffle station and was immediately pleased.

We were given a room on the 1st floor (I usually ask for a top floor room but forgot this time) and I immediately thought...our sure -- we get stuck in the dungeon. We moved our stuff down to our room and were thrilled to see that our room was looked out at street level (the lobby is actually on the 2nd floor) and was very nice.

The room was clean, clean, clean!! The shower would accommodate someone above the height of 5'5" which is sometimes rare. Even though we were given a 1st floor room the room was extremely quiet and we never heard anyone above/alongside/or outside in the hallway.

The hotel is in a great location. We found a back way to the West Towne Mall vs. taking the freeway. Much closer and more convenient. There were many great placed nearby and we ate at R.P. Adlers on Saturday night and we walked home and got right in the 1st floor door and avoided the elevator ride if we had gone to the 2nd floor enterance. There is a Milio's sandwich place directly across the street too and a coffee place also.

And breakfast...YUMMY! I eat the same breakfast at a hotel each time (english muffin with peanut butter, yogurt, and maybe some egg type of thing). I had this same meal but the western omlet was surprisingly good. The kid loved her omelet and my husband cannot go wrong with a bagel and 2 boxes of Fruit Loops! Sunday morning they had Mimosas for Mother's Day and the waffles had fresh strawberries too!

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay. We are quite the fans of these properties but our favorite is in downtown Chicago as these rooms are HUGE!

Bravo Homewood Suites Madison West. If we ever have the need to stay here again you will be our first and only choice!!

Room Tip: I was surprised that a first floor room was so quiet!
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Convenient west side location. Nice room. No complaints, but breakfast was a tad spartan. Not up to the standards of other Homewood Suites that I've visited or even the Hampton Inn which is located next to this property. The staff, however, was very helpful and helped me get a banana from the Hampton Inn for my breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Madison, Connecticut
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip. The hotel is located near a strip mall, which though not a very sceninc setting, does provide you with some restaurants and shopping nearby. My room had king sized bed with desk, sofa and kitchenette with a dishwasher. The hotel provides free breakfast (with make-your-own waffles) and dinner (just one entreé). The staff were very friendly and helpful. One morning while having breakfast I sat and watched as the cleaning staff came in to work through the lobby. Each staff that entered gave a genuine "good morning" to the front desk staff which was met with an equally genuine "how are you?" and smiles. Staff working the dinning area not only greeted each person walking in, but also hugged a few. This atmosphere made me appreciate my stay in the unscenic location of West Madison more than my recent trip to a Maui hotel (see my other reviews).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I've stayed here on business several times now and I never want to stay elsewhere when I'm in Madison. The hotel is super clean and very well maintained. The staff are beyond friendly. The breakfast is free and better than a lot of restaurants and they do free dinners a few nights a week. The gym is small but I always got a treadmill when I wanted one so I can't complain. The rooms are spacious and the fact that there's a kitchen is awesome. The only downside is there's no bar on premises but you can walk to the brewpub across the road. Plus that's probably a good thing considering I always need to get up early when I'm in town. Don't stay anywhere else in Madison!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dogfish60
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They have a great free breakfast an everything is very clean.

• Stayed April 2012