“#1 pick for Madison!”

La Brioche presents True Food
Ranked #103 of 985 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: French, American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“#1 pick for Madison!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

LaBrioche is my #1 pick for Madison! I've been there numerous times while traveling to the west side of Madison to visit our adult kids, and have always had wonderful food - made mostly from fresh, on location. The service is exceptionally. Twice I ate there alone, and both times the waitresses were very much aware that a dining alone experience is very different than dining with someone or a group, and they accommodated my needs nicely. The decor is comfy~cozy~casual, and the ambiance is perfect ~ quiet enough to have a conversation, yet bustling with activity. The prices are right on. This is a restaurant that consistently exceeds expectations, that others should try hard to emulate.

• Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
Wisconsin
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Found this little gem of a restaurant on Trip Advisor. What a treat! In the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday they were still so busy we had a brief wait for a table. The restaurant was charming, the food was very good, and our waitress was very helpful and very sweet. They serve mainly a brunch menus until 3:00, then a limited menu with pizza for 2 hours before switching to their dinner menus at 5:00. I had a wonderful ham and Swiss quiche with a nice side salad and my husband had a tastey hamburger on a fresh bakery bun. They have a wonderful selection of bakery and pastry items. My husband ordered a chocolate layer cake and I decided on a chocolate covered macaroon, which was huge! Much to my surprise, our waitress presented the cookie as a gift. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It is very close to Whole Foods, which is a fun place to shop for unique groceries.

• Visited November 2012
Madison
“Good, but somewhat uneven”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We live 10 minutes away from La Brioche, so we go there fairly often. While the decor is charming in a lush, Viennese style, the food can sometimes be uneven in quality. Certain dishes are always good: their homemade mushroom soup is amazing. But others, such as their Eggs Benedict and some omelets, seem to vary a lot . Whether this is because different cooks are making them, or they're rushed for time, I don't know. Earlier this week I ordered Eggs Benedict: the eggs were overcooked and didn't run pleasantly into the other ingredients when I cut them. The pieces of asparagus were spindly and hard to cut, The Canadian bacon was dry.I could barely detect any sauce. And since it was served on a large croissant, there was way too much bread in relation to the other ingredients. In a town like Madison with loads of restaurants, there are many places where you can get this dish, so I know it can be done better. My tablemate's crepes with lots of berries and a light cheese filling were dampish and folded in such a way that no part of the crepe was crisp anymore. She ate about a quarter of this mishmash and gave up. Service is pleasant, and the servers are accommodating. Many of the dishes here are very good.This is a popular spot; I just wish they were a little more consistent.

• Visited October 2012
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a first time visit although we spend a fair amount of time in Madison. It is very convenient and has free parking. The food was fantastic, fresh, flavorful, and well presented. A lovely interior with the option of outside dining. Can't leave without taking some bakery home!

Visited September 2012
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Mostly pros with one con”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stumbled on La Brioche. We were glad that we did. First the con: The parking at lunch time is miserable. We're trying to figure out where all the people were since all the strip mall stores were empty. We found out. They were in La Brioche. But we got a table for two right away. Liked the use of local foods. The chef seems to have a nice touch with their tomato bisque which is thick enough to be almost a sauce. Quite good. They use their own breads for the sandwiches. Like the bread so much I bought a loaf. My wife had a salad which she found delicious. I made a terrible decision to sit facing the dessert counter filled with cookies, cupcakes and these little mountain peaked macaroons. Guess who went home with one of them? Good work, folks. Service was prompt and courteous. Maybe they charge a bit more than most places, but they are not like most places. The only thing I didn't get and never have is the Feng Sui (sp) Patricia practices. Not sure the flow around our Parisian or Viennese table was quite right. Delightful place.

• Visited August 2012