“Best Bagels in Madison”

Ranked #8 of 19 Bakeries in Madison
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best Bagels in Madison”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

When I moved to town, I was told that Gotham is where New Yorkers go to get their bagels. I knew that must mean it was great. There is nothing better than a lazy Sunday morning at Gotham with a Brighton Beach (lox, caper cream cheese, watercress, onion, tomato) on an everything bagel, a cup of coffee and the paper.

• Visited August 2012

Blue Mounds
“Fresh food with happy waitstaff!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Fresh unique sandwiches that are very large!! My husband and I sometimes share one and then eat get a bowl of the soup of the day. You can tell everything is home made....yummy!!!

Phoenix, AZ
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I ordered the Reuben and it was honestly one of the best Reuben's I've ever had. If I ever make it back there, I will be sure to order that again!

• Visited December 2011
New York
“best bagels in Madison”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Gotham has fresh right out of the oven bagels in a wide variety of flavors as well as different toppings available. Tasty and fairly priced. Only thing they need to improve is service can take awhile ven on simple take out orders so allow about ten minutes to et your order. But the wait is worth it.

• Visited September 2011
milwukee
“good food,fast service, absolutely terrible manners by owner.”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Walked in during Sat. protest & picket of Walker's Capital. Was starving. Place was jammed. Food looked & smelled good. 1st time in my life I was in here. Was polite & asked questions when my turn came at counter. Owner was on other side of counter. He looked at me like I was supposed to know what came on all the sandwiches. Very rude. I understand they were busy. But, for future trips there I would pass. Food is great & promptness of service is also. Good coffee too. Owner needs to read book " How to gain friends & influence people."

Visited March 2011