“close to brennan's market.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Madison
“close to brennan's market.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have stayed at this property a couple of times as we love visiting Madison and New Glarus in the summer. It is your standard Hampton fare - in terms of rooms, breakfast, etc. Unfortunately, I thought the service was extremely poor last time I visited. We did arrive early just to see if by chance a room would be available - and instead of telling me that no rooms were available, I was told to wait "a few minutes" for a room to become available. "A few minutes" became closer to 30-45 minutes. . which could have very easily been used exploring Madison instead of waiting around in the lobby. The whole situation was just not handled well and with so many choices in the area - we'll be staying elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: This hotel is just a block away from Brennan's Market which is a great place to stock up on chee...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
MSNWT, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison West for your recent visits to Madison and the New Glarus area. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience. We always take the feedback we receive as invaluable and are always using it as learning opportunities to make our hotel and our teams stronger. I apologize that we did not deliver acceptable levels of customer service while you were staying with us. I completely understand your viewpoint and can see why you would rather discover all the beautiful surroundings of the Madison area instead of our hotel lobby. I will use your feedback and take it back to the front desk team to ensure they are delivering strong lines of communication to our guests in terms of what they can expect. We will better ourselves so guests in the future will not have the same experience that you did. Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity for improvement. If you would like to provide any more feedback or speak to me directly about your experience, I would certainly welcome you to do so. Please call the hotel at 608-271-0200. I do hope that you give the Hampton Inn & Suites another chance to show you we are dedicated to superior guest service.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for business travel. The rooms were well maintained, I could not hear my neighbors, micro kitchen worked well. Nice play to stay for a week while in training. The Hotel Shuttle will take you around a 5 mile radius.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kimberlee D, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
JDButler

Thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites for your business travel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our rooms, as well as our shuttle service. If you are ever in the Madison area for future business, we look forward to your visit with us.

CHIPPEWA FALLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Spacious, Clean, and the staff was very professional and genuinely concerned about our stay.
I would recommend this to anyone . You won't be disappointed.
We will be back!!

Room Tip: we stayed by lobby and it was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jennie54729

Wow thanks for the 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that everything during your stay was wonderful. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites.

Front Office Manager
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a family get-together over a two night stay at this hotel. I found everything to be very nice, clean, beds were comfy. The breakfast is above average for a hotel, lot's of choices. The pool was perfect for our little ones. It's like a small waterpark! I would definitely like to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
jacksonpryce,

Thanks for the great review. Our pool area is a fantastic spot, and I am so glad to hear everything was excellent during your stay with us. We hope to see you in the future at the Hampton

Front Office Manager
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the Madison West Hampton Inn Jan. 12-13, 2012. It's a little tricky getting off the highway and to the hotel. I went to UW 15 years ago but hadn't driven in that area SW of the beltline. But it was fine - you can see the hotel so you just take the roads that look like they'll get you there.

Received an upgrade to a king suite and a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The room was spacious, bed was very comfortable, and we didn't hear any noise from the hallway or other rooms. Breakfast had a better selection than what is typically offered at other hotels. I especially liked the mixed berries. Quality of the hot breakfast selections - eggs and bacon - not that great, but about what is expected for hotel breakfast.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
MSNWT, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Congratulations on your Anniversary and thank you for choosing to spend this special occasion at the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison West. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you enjoyed your visit back to Madison! Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. Your feedback is what helps us become a better team and a better hotel as we strive to deliver the best experience possible to our guests. If you wanted to provide us any more information or suggestions on how we can improve our breakfast, we would love to hear from you. You can call the hotel at 608-271-0200. We are so glad to hear that you'll be back-we truly do look forward to it!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel several time a month for business and this Hampton was by far one of the best hotels I've stayed at in a long time. The breakfast was complimentary (common with Hampton's), however, they had several additional items offered that made it extra special. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I had questions about the area. The gym was in excellent condition and the pool was great as well. For the price I payed I was highly satisfied. I will definitely stay at this hotel during future travels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MSNWT, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison West for your recent trip to Madison. We know there are many lodging choices, so we really appreciate your business. Also, thank you for providing your feedback. We know how valuable your time is, so we appreciate it even more. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our entire team is committed and dedicated to ensure your comfort. We can't wait to have you back again soon. When the time comes, please travel safely!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the hampton Inn for business back in March of 2012. The room was kept very clean and so were the common areas. The staff were very nice and kind. Anytime I would want to go within a 5 mile radius I would ask from them to arrange a shuttle. Then for pickup I would just call the front desk to arrange the shuttle service.

The internet worked fine and had HBO and basic cable plus local channels.

Overall it was a great place for business travel. The hotel far exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the parking lot get the sun first but I stayed on both sides and you can't go w...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business