“Excellent Hotel”

Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel several time a month for business and this Hampton was by far one of the best hotels I've stayed at in a long time. The breakfast was complimentary (common with Hampton's), however, they had several additional items offered that made it extra special. The staff was very friendly and helpful when I had questions about the area. The gym was in excellent condition and the pool was great as well. For the price I payed I was highly satisfied. I will definitely stay at this hotel during future travels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
MSNWT, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison West for your recent trip to Madison. We know there are many lodging choices, so we really appreciate your business. Also, thank you for providing your feedback. We know how valuable your time is, so we appreciate it even more. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our entire team is committed and dedicated to ensure your comfort. We can't wait to have you back again soon. When the time comes, please travel safely!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at the hampton Inn for business back in March of 2012. The room was kept very clean and so were the common areas. The staff were very nice and kind. Anytime I would want to go within a 5 mile radius I would ask from them to arrange a shuttle. Then for pickup I would just call the front desk to arrange the shuttle service.

The internet worked fine and had HBO and basic cable plus local channels.

Overall it was a great place for business travel. The hotel far exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the parking lot get the sun first but I stayed on both sides and you can't go w...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed one night during our two week vacation. We enjoyed our stay, a clean comfortable room after a long day of driving. The hotel is well maintained, the beds were comfortable and the room was well appointed. The free breakfast was a good start to our new day! We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here after a Badger football game. Easy to get to from Camp Randall. Very nice hotel in a newer area of shops and development. All public areas were very clean and modern as were rooms. Super comfy beds. Fast check -in, pleasant staff. Best surprise was the spacious seating area for self serve breakfast. Buffet itself is in a smaller alcove area seperate from the dining area, a really nice set-up. The dining area is bright and spacious with much more than the average amount of seating. Would definitely choose this one again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few months. It is a nice property, however if there is something special in town they will literally rob you. I have never paid more that $139.00 for the same room I recently stayed and was charged $269.00 due to a medical software convention being in town. I find this practice highly unethical! I felt as though I had been taken advantage of as well as the others who were guest due to this seemly dishonest practice. I believe the practice is called "price gouging" and in other industries has been ruled a dishonest practice by Attorney General's across the United States. It would be the same principle as Hurricane Katrina when companies gouged consumers in raising gasoline to unconscionable levels due to demand. I have to say I am rethinking my loyality to a brand who finds this action acceptable. And by the way, I have tried calling the property as it was 4:30 am when I checked out and there was no manager then nor has there been one since who is present at the property when I call to discuss this item.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Clean spacious rooms, good car parking, friendly staff and filling breakfast.
Easily accessible hotel which is well maintained. Gym was well equipped and provided headphones and towels. Breakfast was good and was self-service. Staff were pleasant and helpful

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank matthew1967
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here for Ironman WI. Free Badger coach bus to downtown on race day. The town of Madison does a phenomenal job with the event. We had been booked in king room that staff changed to 2 queen and accommodated our early checkin. Breakfast started at 4 am. Pool area was larger than most hotels with zero entry for small children. Coffee and tea in lobby. We could not have asked for better stay.

• Stayed: September 2012