“Great bar and food”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My mother have raved about the burgers at Oakcrest for years so on our last visit we decided to give it a try. Super happy we did, excellent mouthwatering burgers and quite possibly the best sweet potato fries I have ever had. Teeny bar with the great old bar atmosphere. Nice people and great food. I'm already planning my return.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Off the beaten path, the food is unexpectedly really good here. Very fresh & better than typical bar-food. Nice selection to choose from on the menu for everyone. My husband loves the burgers, my fav is a selection of appetizers & a salad. The prices are reasonable. Parking is a little dicey during busy hours, however if you're able to secure a parking spot, service is fast even when the place is packed. Nice welcoming neighborhood atmosphere. Worth checking out for yourself.

Unable to say the outdoor seating is terrible (though it requires checking something off. Please know, there is no outdoor seating at Oakcrest).

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Oakcrest does it simple and they do it right. Great burgers hands down. Great for lunch/dinner. Easy on the wallet too.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great fish fry featuring lake perch. Not many of them do. It was lightly battered and not greasy. We had to wait 290 minutes for a table, but well worth it.

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I used to love this place but it has slid lately. Burgers are hand patted from ground chuck sourced from knocke's across the street. Huge plus. The meat is excellent. So get a burger. There is better fish fry to be had in Madison. The complaint I have is that I'm seeing a change in the staff of late that often seems a bit hungover and more interested in their buds getting hammered at the bar than the patrons. The food has suffered and the service is worse. Still an excellent place to watch a game over a burger and beer. Also it is pricey for what you get.

Been to Oakcrest Tavern? Share your experiences!