“Butterfly exhibit”

and up
Walking Food Tour in Downtown Madison
Ranked #1 of 105 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Madison's most popular attractions, this oasis of green includes a sunken garden, perennial garden, rose garden, rock garden, herb garden, wildflower garden and a tropical conservatory.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Low priced, fun for kids, it took about 1-2 hours total. Good priced fun! Great for families or ppl who love the outdoors.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

In addition to the great garden walks and indoor growing areas, Olbrich offers classes and workshops on many different things from art to yoga. And sometimes there are musical events. It's a great place that I'll visit again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Beautiful gardens, the Thai gardens especially. And free! Easy to reach by bike, right off the path.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff was friendly, helpful, informative, and outgoing. The exhibits were beyond our expectations. A welcome, warm activity on a frigid spring Sunday.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Olbrich is a lovely place, to me, when it's not too cold out. Also,
they have family concerts on Sundays sometimes, for a donation. Once, they had a fabulous Dahlia show. I hadnt realized Dahlias existed before, but I went wild! I took a lot of pictures and e-mailed them to friends. I wouldve loved to grow them myself. Everyone should know about dahlias. Once, they had a show of quilts. It was great. Art in quilts! Yearly I believe
they have a show of butterflies emerging from cocoons in a jungle setting. I believe you pay a couple of dollars for that. They have a library for reference and people who help you with gardening questions by phone or at the library. Also, there's a gift shop I enjoy. Come, sit in one of the shady spots and enjoy nature or get some exercise. Bring the kids and older folks. You can become a member for a fee and I think they have classes.