“WOW!”

Chazen Museum of Art
Ranked #10 of 97 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: This art museum's impressive collection includes, prints, photographs, paintings and sculptures from prehistoric times to modern day. Special exhibitions showcasing local artists take place throughout the year.
Memphis, Tennessee
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“WOW!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Being that this museum is free and on a college campus, I was expecting a small showing. This place is HUGE and offers a wide variety of art. I could have spent many hours here exploring.

1 Thank asumrall

• Korean first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Brighten your day with art and walking!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I go to the Chazen often because my husband loves the classical chamber concerts on many Sunday afternoons in winter. I really enjoy it so much more since they opened the new building. The two are connected, old and new. They often have new exhibits. I like to get my exercise
walking around briskly and challenging myself to take in the art at the same time. Even the art I dont like is stimulating. There's a lot of sun coming in. I really enjoyed the recent Depression era huge exhibit of work funded by the U.S. government. I believe it's still there (April 2 2013) I look forward to going there with a friend of mine who is an artist, and see what she thinks of various
strange things there.

1 Thank Manakoora
Racine, Wisconsin
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“New Deal art exhibit”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This exhibit pulled together the art that was created in 1934 to employ artists and to lift the spirits of those living through the Depression. It is a good variety of artists and displays very real pictures of 1930 America.

1 Thank BridgetOzzie
Madison, Wisconsin
“Unbelievable for the Midwest”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Chazen Musuem has a lot of variety in styles of art and worth seeing.
I would recommend this for anyone of any age. It really is worth seeing especially since the new renovation.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Beautiful Art and Tours”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Lots of interesting art and a quaint gift shop and locker room, may be a bit boring for the kids though. I have been there several times-very cool

Visited October 2012