“Best sangria in town, don't miss the carpaccio”

Monona Terrace Convention Center
Ranked #222 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
“Best sangria in town, don't miss the carpaccio”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I haven't tried this place because I just assumed I'd have a hard time getting in because there aren't very many tables. Don't make this mistake -go. This is perhaps the best lunch I've ever had in Madison. It didn't hurt that I dined with one of my best friends, it was a perfect day, and did I mention this was the best Sangria I ever had.

I would have given 5 stars just for the sangria. Refreshing, not too sweet; would have been perfect if it was served in a glass glass (I might bring my own next time). My friend wanted to try the carpaccio, and I'm afraid of rare meat. It arrived smothered with a sauce and darling little tomatoes. It was fabulous - so tender is was almost like custard. Get this, promise me you'll get this.

She had the homemade soup (potato) which she said was terrific and we split a tomato salad, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella that had basil swirled in it and a balsamic vinegar dressing. Served on clean dry greens. Pretty and tasty.

The lunch cost $36, but I've paid this much for lunch in this town that wasn't this good.

The servers were pleasant, happy and genuinely cared that I like my food.

Gonna be a new favorite for me!

• Visited July 2013

Wisconsin
“Roof top concerts”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

If you haven't attended one of the summers free roof top concerts here, you are missing out. The venue is so spacious and beautiful with a nice breeze off the lake and sunsets behind the Capital. Music varies and there is always a great crowd to peep watch. They serve drinks and have great service.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank FastGirl39
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Cool place for outdoor music!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We happened across the Monona Terrace after dinner uptown and, WOW, what a fun place. We listened to great dance music outside, under the stars, by the lake, with a full service bar. Everyone in Madison was there - all age groups, singles, families, etc. It was such a festive atmosphere and it was a great experience after dinner!!! We'll be seeing what's going on at the Terrace next time we're in Madison!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank j4444
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Great experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

DH and I went last sunday and we being asians (Indians) it was our first experience seeing and walking on a frozen lake. Very exciting. The Cafe at the convention center was closed when we went but the gift shop was open and it looked nice. The guy at the front desk did give us directions about the place and was very helpfull!

Visited February 2012
“Poor layout”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is one of the only venues in Madison for big meetings and the view is amazing but the layout is so strange with bathrooms nearly inaccessible at the extreme ends of the building. Also the food is consistently mediocre.

Interesting to visit.