“Consistently very good”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Consistently very good”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Dobhan is an ethnic restaurant that serves food with a Nepalese twist. I have been here on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed. The food is tasty, freshly cooked to order, and served with a smile. The dahl soup is exceptional and there is a great range of teas. The restaurant is small and cozy with an ambiance that encourages you to linger. If you like to try different dishes, do not miss this Madison eatery.

• Visited May 2014

Tulum, Mexico
“Great food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food here is really good and pretty unique, love the sauces the come with the dishes here - yogurt and mint sauces. The rolled savory crepe (Masala Dosa) is my absolute favorite and a great value! The service can be slow, however.. so don't go if you're in a hurry or make sure they know that when we first arrive.

Visited July 2013
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had never been here before. Not really sure about it ahead of time. Food was excellent. Soup as starter was great. Drinks were strong. All 4 people at our table had different meals. All very good. We ate every bit. Nice portion size. I had coconut chicken, full of flavor. Atmosphere was very nice. Easy to talk but felt cozy. Would go here again anytime!

• Visited June 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“The absolute best restaurant in Madison!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This place is AMAZING!!! The food is always fresh, the taste is superb, and service is very nice and fast! I can't say enough good things about it! Everyone should go and try their food! It's out of this world!!!

• Visited February 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice atmosphere (but cold by door); service so-so”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My friends love this place; I find it varies a lot. Last week I ate there twice. The first night was slow and the service was good and the food (salmon) excellent. The dal is good if not great. A little blander than I like. The presentation was lovely.

The next time I ate there was on a Friday and while we got in early, the place filled in fast with pre-concert diners. The service was not very good, e.g., drink orders forgotten, no coffee at meal's end, one friend complained of a short wine pour. (So glad I'm a teetotaler -- never a short pour with Sierra Mist!)

Everyone's entree seems pretty well received. I split the Friday fish with my wife, and the portion was a bit skimpy.

Next time, I'm going to insist on Lao Laan Xang nearby.

• Visited February 2014