Open today: 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Nice wines and place to hang out

Some friends and I met here for a get together - we usually like to meet about once a month to... read more

Reviewed March 14, 2019
Lisamarie L
Madison, Wisconsin
Top-Notch Wine

I visited this location to take part in a Paint Night event. I was pleasantly surprised at how... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2018
Eisme77

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Madison
from $45.00
More Info
from $48.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Visited Cambridge Winery tasting room in Madison
Servers were fun and informative about the wine being served, we’ll come back

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank JohnandSheri1989
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

Friendly service by people who love their jobs and their wines. Our first time visiting and yes we would go back. Every month they have a new tasting lineup which we look forward to. The cheese platter was a hit. Nice variety of cheese, nuts, meats to compliment the wine. Looks like there is also a nice patio where you can enjoy a few summer tastings. Did I also mention the wines were all a hit too? We enjoyed them all.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed March 9, 2017

When I first stopped at this winery in Wisconsin, I was expecting to try a selection of local Wisconsin wines. However, Cambridge Winery actually has a nice selection of white and red wines that are made in California. The Pinot Noir Reserve was my favorite red, but they were all very complex. If you are in the Madison area, it is worth the stop.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank 684ebenr
Reviewed September 12, 2016

I just moved in 6 streets away and my neighbors brought me a bottle from Cambridge. So I tried it alone 6 weeks later on a Thurs early eve. I was invited to sit up by the bar and another (regular, wine club) couple brought me over a seat to sit by them. The sommeliers who attended were friendly and informative about the wines and the budding winery 25 miles east of here in Cambridge WI. So far wines are made with grapes purchased from CA and NY and WI, other vineyards. In about 2 years their vineyard will have yield. The sommeliers were very informative about the wines and their grapes used and subtleties of flavors. 3-4 other groups cme as i was there, sitting at tall round tables with stools or at 3 other couch and table groups. It seems to be a nice comfortable after work place to gather. There are a f ew light snack type things one can order. The 4 wine taster flight was $10, waived if you buy 2 bottles of wine then. You can taste it all before you buy. I liked several. Cost more than I usually spend on a bottle, like $18-26. But I liked 2 quite well and decided to get them to save and serve as special. They are, after all, a local winery business I want to support. It is a peasant, calm, neighborhood wine bar. Not loud. A nice place to gather with a few friends. WAY different than a bar to gather for a visit. They have a wine club you can join and get price discounts on bottles and coming in regularly for a glass. Oh, single glasses are $6-8 depending on the wine.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed April 26, 2016

Despite the local name, this is a tasting room for wines produced in California from grapes grown in California. They do have a location in Cambridge where they planted grapes a year ago. The tasting is $10 for a taste of 6 wines, which they point out is equal to about a glass of wine. My husband did the tasting and liked some of the wines he tried. I opted for a single glass of Pinot Gris and found it to be good.The single glass prices seemed comparable to those prices in restaurants in Madison. The bottles of wine were expensive - the least expensive one I spotted was $22. None of the wines my husband tasted were exceptional enough to go above our usual wine budget to make a purchase. It seemed like a nice setting for a girl's night out. It is definitely a different experience than most wine tasting in Wisconsin.

Date of experience: April 2016