“Nice Atmosphere! But...”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice Atmosphere! But...”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We arrived at Erin's on a Saturday night and there was a "wait" even though a good portion of the place was empty. We were told that there would be a wait for our party of 8 and it was dependent upon a "possible" party of 30 that didn't reserve the space with a payment (really?). Then there was another "possible" party of 9 etc. Guess I wouldn't expect a paying party of 8 who is there already and present to wait for other "possible" parties to arrive. We went with it though and just got some drinks at the bar and sat by the great fireplace for about 30 min. They had to come and find us for our table since their pagers weren't working either. Once seated, all was fine. The waitress was welcoming and pleasant. I did find there menu to be odd - for an Irish pub their menu was a mile long and included Mexican items etc. I also feel that it was quite pricey...so I stuck to a basic burger, which was good and I loved the fried pickles~!

GREEN BAY
“Great Discovery!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Gorgeous Irish Pub! Huge but feels very homey and welcoming. We came for the Double Decker Red Shuttle Bus (complete with Bag Pipers and Drums) to the Badger game and stayed for the incredible food and beverages! The owner, Jerry has personality to spare and didn't exagerate at all about how good the food was!

Wausau, Wisconsin
“Good food, comfortable atmosphere”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stopped in for a drink and ended up staying for dinner. The room where we were seated is reminiscent of a castle tower, with a fireplace and decor that follows the theme of the pub. It seems like it would be a fun place to stop in with a group for drinks after work.

I had a Guinness based meal: pints, Guinness stew and for dessert, an incredible Guinness chocolate cake. The meal was very good but the dessert surpassed expectations. I would go there just to eat this cake again! Others in our party had shrimp and steak, which they said were quite tasty.

The staff was friendly and good humored. I wish I lived in the area so I could stop in often. I have a feeling it would be a favorite for meeting up with friends or a family dinner out.

Stanley, Wisconsin
“disappointing”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We asked to sit outside as we won't have many more opportunities to do so this year. There was a distinct smell of sewer in the air that came and went. We did our best to disregard it as it was such a lovely day. The after work business crowd was loud and obnoxious but we did our best to ignore that as well. My Blarney Mary, the specialty drink, needed salt and there was none to be had. My husband and I both ordered medium rare steaks. Mine was much smaller than his and barely pink in the middle. I love steamed crispy veggies but these were out-of-the-bag raw. I could add even more but it was just such a huge disappointment as we were very hungry, the atmosphere looked right and the menu was oh so enticing but what a let down it turned out to be...

Ohio
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ate here on a Monday evening and there were plenty of tables available in this huge restaurant. I imagine it is hopping on the weekends! The decor is amazing, The dining area is broken into smaller areas making it seem more intimate. The food was plentiful and lots of options for Irish fare and Irish beer. Our server was very attentive and friendly,