“Beautiful Atmosphere, Abysmal Service”

Erin's Snug Irish Pub
Ranked #64 of 980 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful Atmosphere, Abysmal Service”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was our first visit to Erin's, and almost certainly be our last. At first glance, we were very impressed with the building decor and authentic atmosphere. We sat at the bar while we waited for the rest of our party, and the bartender was attentive and friendly.

Once we were seated, it was all down hill. Our waitress was constantly delayed, blaming everything from the kitchen staff to faulty computers, all the while other tables seemed to be waited on by others without issue. After eventually ordering, it took at least 10 minutes for bread to come out, and another 20 minutes for the salads. The entrees come out about 5 minutes later, too soon to finish the salads, but not a big deal. The entrees were luke warm and of average quality.

We waited so long for the waitress to bring out the bill that I actually had to go looking for her to no avail. I had to ask another waitress to get the bill for us, and to bring the manager to our table as well. The manager astonishingly dropped the bill on the table and left not saying a word! She didn't discount the bill or anything, just ignored the matter completely.

After paying the bill, we tracked down the manager again to make sure she knew of the appalling service we received and she was just as clueless as the waitress! This was only the second time in my life that I haven't left a tip... truly upsetting for a restaurant that started out so great.

Tomah, Wisconsin
“Great Food!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband had the Prime Rib and I has a Rib Eye. Wished there was a salad before meal. Loved the dinner rolls. You dont need to dress up just come as you are.

Visited November 2012
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Great Irish Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Enjoyed the food and service. Great waitress we had! I think her name was Mary. She was outstanding. The food was great. Prices were about average ($10 - $20 per meal). LOTS of beers to chose from.

Visited November 2012
Goochland, Virginia, United States
“Reuben and a beer, hard to beat”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great atmosphere, good beer selection. Bartender knew how to pour a Guinness, not many do it right. Reuben recommended and it was very good. Prices very reasonable. All in all, a nice experience and i would return.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mark G
san diego
“If you like Irish food and beer, this is the place!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I ate dinner here twice while on business in Madison. Erin's has Irish food, which is unfamiliar to me, but it is like comfort food. It was pretty good, but I don't think it would win any gourmet prizes. Sausage, potatoes, concannon, cabbage, roasts, fries, things like that. What really won my vote was their cocktails and beer list, I had a key lime martini that was like liquid key lime cheesecake! Amazing. I had two! And the next night I tried an "Adams Apple": Sam Adams with Hard Cider in it. I loved it! I had the Irish Breakfast for dinner and it was so-so. Like I said, no prizes, but the atmosphere here makes up for it. Fun, loud, lively, and homey. I'd go back if I were in the area again. They don't take reservations though, so get there early or wait 20-30 minutes.

• Visited October 2012