“Don't ask for chips chips with your fish”

Erin's Snug Irish Pub
Ranked #75 of 1,005 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My son said he had the best corned beef sandwich he's ever had here, but my fish and chips came with deep-fried potato chips rather than the fry chip. I was tired and did not notice this on the menu! There was a UW home football game that Saturday we were there, and a good crowd of alumni taking advantage of the double decker bus shuttle stayed to dine and/or imbibe -- not rowdy at all, excellent manners! Atmosphere and service were great.

2  Thank AgingWanderer
There are newer reviews for Erin's Snug Irish Pub

Reviewed September 7, 2012

the menu has 2 parts : typical bar food and irish fare. go irish - it is an irish pub after all! excellent portion sizes. shepherd's pie, spinach dip was made differently and was best i've eaten, and the corned beef shelayle(?) . good value attentive service.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I ate at Erin's for the first time after a recent Badger game. We found it an enjoyable experience. The Irish fare was outstanding and the restaurant ambience first rate. Next time, we will take the red bus to the game.

1  Thank Wrigley48
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Lunch service crazy slow. I don't think they realize not everyone can drink at noon and pressed for time. The food is very good, bar and restaurant service is average.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great food, staff and hugh selection of beer. I'm not a big drinker but when in rome.......I really enjoyed the staff and will stop again when in the madison area.