“The Madison Concourse Hotel and it's staff are the Best!”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 20, 2007

My husband and I recently had some remodeling done, which required us to spend awhile in a hotel here in Madison. We chose the Concourse
becasue of its great location near the State Street entertainment district. The rooms were very nice, the views were great -- of the lakes and the State Capitol--and the food was fantastic, especially the Sunday Brunch. It had an incredible selection, including everything from smoked salmon to Eggs Benedict to made-to-order omelets to luscious pastries. And everything was prepared perfectly and presented beautifully. We definetely plan to return!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZoeMiddleton_WI
Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed June 14, 2007

The hotel itself is at a prime location in Madison. I had access to many shops and the famous "State Street". Since the hotel is close to the Capitol, I was able to visit the Farmers Market on Saturday. The bedding in the hotel is fantastic. I actually purchased several of their pillows for my house!

During my last stay, I thought I would try their "Famous" Sunday Brunch. I was extremely impressed with the selection and the quality of the food. The shrimp that you don’t have to peal to eat are fantastic; the made-to-order omelet bar is a very nice added touch. Well worth every penny. Make sure you try the French toast if available. The décor could be updated a little bit, but it really does not affect your experience. I have recommended the brunch and Hotel to several people at my company who travel to Madison frequently.

The staff were very friendly and attentive

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2007

I was so so sure we were in the wrong place after reading the brunch reviews, then walking into what looked like (and was) a coffee shop. Nonetheless, we were told this was their famous Sunday brunch so we overlooked the tired decor, cheesy fountain, and sat ourselves down. And never got drinks. And later had to ask twice for the check.
It's a sad and dingy dining room that serves food on a par with Denny's, except cold because it's sitting out. Nothing tasty, unusual, or tempting among the limp fish, brown overcooked entrees, warm fruit or tepid desserts. Yes, it's cheap. If that's what you're after, go to Denny's.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank we'reoutahere
Reviewed May 1, 2007

I stayed at the Concourse Hotel in January and wow what a experience. I have never been so impressed with a hotel in my life. I stayed on the Governor's club floor and was treated like a king. THE ROOM WAS GREAT!!! I had a king size bed that was turned down at night. (Nice touch) The service from their employees was excellent. The next time I am in Madison you can bet your last dollar that I will be staying at the Concourse Hotel. If you are looking for service with class this is your hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2007

I made a routine reservation to stay in Madison while visiting my 2 children at UW. I was totally impressed with the Concourse Hotel and would recommend it highly! I especially liked the Governor's Club with outstanding ambience and the awesome hors devors. The free drinks were an added bonus. I also recommend the Club with the rich history of our past Governors. The view of the Capitol was spectacular!! All in all, this hotel is on my Top 10 list and I would highly recommend it all!!

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed March 25, 2007

It was crazy busy when I stayed. The hotel was full of guests; however, you wouldn't have noticed the difference in services. The staff paid great attention to details.
It seemed like the hotel hired extra security at night to handle misbehaved and drunken guests. I had to call and complain once because my next door neighbour was loud at midnight; the hotel security took care of it right away within minutes! Super efficient. I was glad that I could still enjoy a great nice sleep (their beds are unbelievably comfortable!!!) My husband had to beg me to buy us all new pillows for home.
Location is the best because you are right downtown and can walk to just about anywhere.
We'll be back! Too bad they are only an independent hotel because I would have stayed with them everywhere I go.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pui10
Reviewed March 25, 2007

Complimentary airport shuttle was very convenient. I stayed the weekend and Sunday Brunch was awesome!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends