“WOW!! What a Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baldwin
“WOW!! What a Hotel”
Reviewed May 1, 2007

I stayed at the Concourse Hotel in January and wow what a experience. I have never been so impressed with a hotel in my life. I stayed on the Governor's club floor and was treated like a king. THE ROOM WAS GREAT!!! I had a king size bed that was turned down at night. (Nice touch) The service from their employees was excellent. The next time I am in Madison you can bet your last dollar that I will be staying at the Concourse Hotel. If you are looking for service with class this is your hotel.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
milwaukee
Reviewed March 30, 2007

I made a routine reservation to stay in Madison while visiting my 2 children at UW. I was totally impressed with the Concourse Hotel and would recommend it highly! I especially liked the Governor's Club with outstanding ambience and the awesome hors devors. The free drinks were an added bonus. I also recommend the Club with the rich history of our past Governors. The view of the Capitol was spectacular!! All in all, this hotel is on my Top 10 list and I would highly recommend it all!!

Stayed February 2007
Lafayette, IN
Reviewed March 25, 2007

It was crazy busy when I stayed. The hotel was full of guests; however, you wouldn't have noticed the difference in services. The staff paid great attention to details.
It seemed like the hotel hired extra security at night to handle misbehaved and drunken guests. I had to call and complain once because my next door neighbour was loud at midnight; the hotel security took care of it right away within minutes! Super efficient. I was glad that I could still enjoy a great nice sleep (their beds are unbelievably comfortable!!!) My husband had to beg me to buy us all new pillows for home.
Location is the best because you are right downtown and can walk to just about anywhere.
We'll be back! Too bad they are only an independent hotel because I would have stayed with them everywhere I go.

• Liked — Location, great service, safety and security, very comfortable bed
  • Disliked — It was so busy some people were a bit out of control
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pui10
Orlando
Reviewed March 25, 2007

Complimentary airport shuttle was very convenient. I stayed the weekend and Sunday Brunch was awesome!

• Liked — Brunch
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
Madison, Wi
Reviewed March 23, 2007

I travel a lot for business and am usually shocked with the poor service of hotel staff. The Concourse hotel staff is first class and took care of everything I needed. I was very impressed with the restaurant menu; this is what I would expect to find in a bigger city. I was a little weary of the parking garage as it was very low but my car fit just fine. I will be traveling to Madison in a couple months and will definitely be staying there again.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Parking garage
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Chicubs1
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 17, 2007

We stayed for two nights and it was two nights too many. The rooms were not what I would have expected and even included cobwebs and mold. For two nights we were treated to harassment by the hotel security which ended in them slamming the doors to the rooms as they left. All this because our room doors were left open during our stay. The management of this hotel did nothing and were certainly more interested in charging us extra for everything from newspapers to check out times. While they try to be an upscale like the hilton's
and embassy's they forgot about customer service and making sure the customer has a good experience. If you are looking at a place to lay your head at night it may be ok otherwise look elsewhere.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of customer service
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends