I was in Madison for a conference for 4 days and at the last moment a vacancy opened up at the conference hotel - the Madison Concourse. I wasn't expecting much (go to conferences often and thee conference hotels tend to be just a little above average for the most part), but I was consistently pleased across the board.
Arrived late at night and hungry, and the bar was still open and serving food. Great service, freshly cooked, juicy chicken adorned my Caesar salad. It was excellent.Each morning there was a hot breakfast in the Governor's Club (included with rooms on floors 12-14). They also had cocktail hour every day at 5, including an array of appetizers. If so inclined you could make a meal of them. The Club was open early til late and stocked with coffee/tea/sodas and cookies. Each night at 8 they had a variety of desserts. The quality of all the foods was above average to excellent. The conference included meals as well - which were also significantly better than I anticipated. Vegetables still crisp, meats not overdone nor dry, plenty of salad, and more desserts.
The room was large and well appointed. Large flat screen tv, several phones. Wasn't in room very much as conference activities were ongoing, but slept very well on great bed. They were just remodeling a health club, but the existing one wasn't too shabby. Also had a nice pool and jacuzzi as well as a sauna. Makes my day when a hotel has a sauna! Each evening there was turndown service, offering chocolate and refilling your ice buckets, etc. Nice touch.
Staff were always cheerful and helpful. Eager to point out things to do locally. Our conference actually started Saturday session a little late so that we could attend the largest farmer's market in the country ringing the state capital, only two blocks away. Was very impressive, even in early June there were great displays of local produce, and across the street were food vendors should you want prepared food. At 8am the market was packed. If you're in the are it is worth enjoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Madison’s hotel. Our staying power is confirmed by our long-standing dedication to being downtown Madison’s premier hotel and we are proud to be named Best Hotel for Business and Pleasure by Madison Magazine. We offer our guests a special Madison experience through our distinctive customer focus and perfect location that cannot be found at a chain hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madison Concourse Hotel And Governors
- Concourse Hotel Madison Wi