“Perfect location, great hotel”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Guelph, Canada
“Perfect location, great hotel”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Walking distance to pretty much everything. Great view. Comfortable 3 night stay. Staff helped me rent a bike, which is absolutely the best way to see this city! Food supplied for lunches was delicious. Staff was very quick to assist when there were technical difficulties during lecture.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The thing I like best was the view of the capital 200 hards away. It filled the window. I guess the other side view of lake was nice too. Great location between the capital and State Street. Staff was friendly. Nice to not stay in a chain. Finally a hotel with a Sauna.

1 Thank Northerns43323
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Great location. Many restaurants/pubs within walking distance. The room/bathroom was clean. Bed was comfortable. We ordered food from the hotel restaurant one night - the food (braised lamb sandwich/pizza/salad) was great. Parking is in the basement and is very convenient. But the main reason why I am giving 5 stars is the hotel's excellent customer service. They really know how to treat their customers. Thank you. Will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I travel a lot for business and I have to say that the Madison Concourse was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I hate hotel rooms because they never feel very comfortable or clean and I never feel like I can settle in. This is the first time that i can honestly say that I felt like it was almost as good as home.
Staff was welcoming and friendly, rooms were clean and amenities were very nice.

Hawthorne, New Jersey
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Checked in late but staff was very friendly & helped us find a nearby bite to eat. The staff made a great recommendation. Hotel room was spacious & nice, although it could have used a better view. The hotel is in a great location. If visiting Madison again, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had a great time at the Madison Concourse Hotel. We were on the 12th floor with a fabulous view of the Capitol and access to the Governor's Club. Highly recommend staying here! We also had a majority of the guests for our Madison wedding stay here as well. Staff was great, food/service is excellent! I would work with them again in a heart beat!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Concourse for two nights as part of a tour. Our room on the eight floor was spacious and comfortable. It was only a short walk to most of Madison's attractions, including several restaurants in State Street.

Breakfasts were nice. Needing a 'veggie fix' I chose the cold cooked vegetables, which I ate on a warm pancake. Not the usual meal, but healthy!

One criticism was the slowness of delivery of luggage and problems getting a lift, but the place was packed at the time, so I guess that was understandable.

Room Tip: I think room not facing the street are more quiet.