“Governor's Club, ftw!”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I were in Madison in September 2013 for The Black Crowes concert. We splurged on a room with access to the Governor's Club and it was WORTH IT. We made it back to the hotel just as the Governor's Club was closing up for the night. This meant that they were encouraging us to take the leftover desserts with us.

It has been several months since we visited but the impression remains: the hotel was clean, comfortable and awesome!

Room Tip: Check out the Governor's Club.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The governor's club is exclusive so I'm not sure if everyone has the ability to partake. It's a nice perk to an upgrade I'm sure. Open bar and hor'derves in the evening, and a wide selection of breakfast options in the mornings. The rooms are quite nice and the beds are luxuriously comfortable! It was hard to get myself motivated to get out of bed and get to work! The hotel amenities are very clean and the hours of operation are great! I believe fitness and indoor pool/jacuzzi are open til 11 pm. The roomservice menu looked good, but my breakfast and dinner selections were not great. I chose to dine out for dinner and take advantage of the complimentary breakfast selections in the mornings.
The hotel location is central to all downtown. The views of the capital building are wonderful and during breakfast you can sit in the governor's club which overlooks downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband an I alway book the Governor's Club when we visit Madison. The location is ideal for State Street restaurants, bars and night life.....but....we seldom make it out because of the great service and value it is to spend time on the 11th floor at the Governor's Club. The bartendars are helpful, fun, and knowledgable about what to do and where to go in town. This is a fabulous property, well maintained and they know how to do it right! We were there for March Maddness and had a great time. Go Badgers!

Room Tip: I would pay the extra money to get the Governor's club package.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our second stay here on a weekend getaway. Last time we had no idea what we had made reservations for. The Governor's Club is several exclusive floors(must insert key to access)of rooms and includes entry to the Lounge that includes open bar with name brand liquors(we had Bicardi and Crown Royal), Happy Hour hot & cold appetizers, dessert & coffee bar later and breakfast in the morning! Great Value for a downtown hotel. Great view of the capitol building at night! We did eat in the bar downstairs and I was excited that they had a Chef and not just a cook. The menu selections were interesting and I loved the Carrot/Apple soup.

Room Tip: I requested a room facing the capitol for a great night time view.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I am so pleased with my experience at this hotel. Every staff member I came in contact with was helpful and friendly. It is in a perfect location. We were able to walk everywhere downtown comfortably. Room service was fast and delicious. I loved that it was available all day - since I was there for work and needed early breakfasts. The room was comfortable - the beds were amazing. The only downfall was the wifi - it got a bit iffy at times, but the tech support was very helpful and fixed the issue fast. Madison is a great town, and I will definitely stay here again when I come back.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room that's higher up. On the 9th floor, we couldn't hear any street noi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Location, excellent staff and great amenities convinced us this one is worth a return visit. Our 14th floor room had a wonderful view of Lake Mendota and we were able to view the capitol lit up at night while we enjoyed a cocktail and dessert in the Governor's Club lounge. So glad we took other reviewer's advice and went for the GC. Our room had been updated with a large tiled shower, the room was big enough to easily fit the king size bed plus 2 club chairs and ottoman. A caution about the parking garage, we were so busy looking for a spot for our SUV that we missed the overhead sign warning of low clearance on the lowest level (C) our car got a nasty luggage rack scrape but we did find a great spot right next to the elevator that was easy to maneuver in and out of. Overall, fantastic - the complimentary breakfast was good, once again in the GC lounge offering the bird's eye view of the Capitol. We'll be back!

Room Tip: 14th floor with view of lake is great - don't have to close the drapes, Capitol side rooms may h...
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I could not say enough great things to say about the Governor's Club at the Concourse! Perfect way to spend an evening in a great town in the middle of a cold winter! Madison is a fun town, and it added to it, to return to a great, comfortable room, great service, and a great view from the Governor's Club lounge area! Thank you!

Room Tip: Governor's Club!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple