“They made our stay special” 5 of 5 bubbles

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #4 of 61 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mt. Horeb, WI
“They made our stay special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed one night at the Concourse, and they were especially attentive and thoughtful, making our stay very special. The location is great, the people are nice, and the property is comfortable and very well maintained. The owners and employees take pride in making guests happy, and it shows.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kitcat22
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Most helpful staff when I emailed from the airport after checking out. They found it, emailed ASAP, mailed it to my home. Wonderfully responsive.
My check in wasn't quite so warm. I arrived earlier than check-in time, so I in-processed. A few hours later, I developed a killer headache and went to front desk where a man arrived and checked in. I get to the counter, and they still don't have a room available. Yeah, lots of reasons that could happen. So I got over it. Eventually got a room, headache went away. All is well. I'd stay there again! Madison Concourse, if you are reading this, THANKS!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Niles, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

And, I travel a lot. The Madison Concourse Hotel is the perfect place to stay when visiting Madison. The location is great, right next to the square. There is a wonderful view of the Capitol from the Governor's Club lounge. An easy walk to the square for some great restaurants and the farmer's market. The staff of the hotel are always so friendly and accommodating. The rooms are beautiful and always in perfect condition. When I have stayed with them and have not wanted to drive, their shuttle service will drop me off at my destination as well as pick me up!! I stay at the Concourse every year when in Madison for the Great Taste of the Midwest and other events. I highly highly recommend this hotel. I can't say enough about them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Charles, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very nice hotel and a great location for Madison,s farmers market on Saturday.
Park your car and walk everywhere cannot beat it and the rate is good also.i really liked that they a small ice box in the room to keep your buys from the market fresh.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike K
Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel was very pleasant. The location is fantastic and the price is very good value for the location. You are a block from the capital. The rooms were nice, clean and well kept. The decor is very quaint. OVerall a good experience. I will likely stay there again.e

My only complaint was that my room overlooked the indoor pool. I actually had a sliding glass door to the pool instead of a window. I would avoid rooms 317-320 if I did it again. IT didn't bother me enough to ask for a new room, but I thought about it.

Room Tip: My only complaint was that my room overlooked the indoor pool. I actually had a sliding glass door...
Green Features: One of the few hotels that did NOT take my towel when I hung it as instructed to avoid it being washed immediately.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Racine, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at the Concourse Hotel in mid-June for a fun weekend in Madison with some of our college friends. The location is excellent, right by the capitol and near State Street. The location is the best part of the hotel. The rooms are clean, but average. They do include a mini-fridge to store your goodies from the farmer's market. The hotel bar was open late, but it was nothing special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed three nights for a conference and the wifi was free and good, the proximity to the capitol (where there was a great singing protest in the rotunda at noon) and state street is great. It is also round the block from a B-cycle stand and easy access to the lake fronts. All in all, made a great visit better.

Room Tip: my fourth floor room was quiet and clean
Green Features: gave the option to not replace towels or linens, which I appreciated
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business