“Recent Stay June 2013”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the hotel! Their customer service manager helped me navigate ground transportation between Chicago and Madison when my best efforts were faltering. Their food service was divine. Their banquet and conventions captain arranged electrical hookups for my convention exhibit on the fly and arranged to pack and ship left over material back home so I would not have to schlepp it on the plane. They really live customer service and that is evident from the time one sets foot in the door. I travel a LOT and I wish all hotels were like this one. Madison is beautiful too. Madison Makes Music is not to be missed!

Room Tip: Gosh...I didn't notice. I was not in the room very much. I am deaf when I remove my external pro...

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Been to the Governors Club at the Concourse several times prior to this visit. Keep coming back and I live in. Madison!! No hotel better - complimentary appetizers and drinks as well as great/tasting breakfast - all excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

It was my first trip to Madison and I really enjoyed the city. The Concourse was so centrally located it made sight-seeing a breeze in the limited time I had.

Between the lakes, the shops and restaurants and the Capitol building being right there I was truly steps away from it all.

The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and the staff very gracious. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is located next to the State Capitol building which makes it attractive to tourists, civil service folks and business people alike. The reception/lobby is basic but the staff is warm and friendly. The underground parking lot is adequate. While the room itself has a modern feel, the hallways need some updating. You can sense the slight musty smell. Nevertheless, it is a short walking distance to State Street, the heart of downtown Madison. I had a pleasant stay.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The best hotel in Madison. A friendly, helpful staff. Perfect location, with excellent restaurants and the Capitol building outside the door, and the University a short walk away down State Street. There is also a shuttle. We have stayed in many different rooms over several years and have liked them all. All of the rooms are immaculate, comfortable beds. The view of the Wisconsin State Capitol Building from the rooms is beautiful and ever changing with the light of the day. A work of art. The hotel's restaurant is very good, three meals a day. Our favorite rooms are the Governor's Club rooms because in addition to an amazing view, they include a complimentary breakfast, and afternoon cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and desserts. Together with the welcoming staff, it feels to us like a place to come home to at the end of a busy day in Madison.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Concourse for a wedding. We enjoyed the stay - highlights to this property are the location, which is conveniently located on the Square next to the capitol and walking distance to the lake. The hotel staff were friendly, though a little overwhelmed at our Friday evening check in as there were a lot of guests checking in at the same time. (We were given complimentary parking as a result of the wait.) At check in, we upgraded to the Governor's level with concierge access. The room was fine, though the bathroom was small and perhaps in need of an update sooner or later. Nonetheless, the price was reasonable. The concierge level provided a decent hot breakfast and affords great views. For the price, it was a convenient way to fill up before starting our day in the city. The hotel is one of the few higher rise buildings in Madison, though its a bit of an eyesore from outside, it's pleasant and enjoyable inside. Though the hotel had numerous amenities - salon, pool, etc., we did not use them as the weather was so nice. I would recommend requesting a high level floor to get the best views of the lake or city.

Room Tip: Request a high level floor and renovated room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Madison Concourse for a multi-day conference. From check in to check out, the concierge, the conference staff, the bar, restaurant and bellhops were friendly, efficient, and ready to share information about their hotel and city. Everyone seemed to be on a mission to both make sure guests didn't spend much time waiting and also have fun. I had some emotional news the first day, and the pastry chef surprised me greatly by handing me a delicious chocolate-chocalate chip cookie and said "I see you are having a tough day and wanted to give you a cookie." I regret that I was so surprised that I didn't get her name. I would highly recommend this hotel and it's terrific staff.