“Comfortable Stay in the Middle of Madison”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Comfortable Stay in the Middle of Madison”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Concourse for a wedding. We enjoyed the stay - highlights to this property are the location, which is conveniently located on the Square next to the capitol and walking distance to the lake. The hotel staff were friendly, though a little overwhelmed at our Friday evening check in as there were a lot of guests checking in at the same time. (We were given complimentary parking as a result of the wait.) At check in, we upgraded to the Governor's level with concierge access. The room was fine, though the bathroom was small and perhaps in need of an update sooner or later. Nonetheless, the price was reasonable. The concierge level provided a decent hot breakfast and affords great views. For the price, it was a convenient way to fill up before starting our day in the city. The hotel is one of the few higher rise buildings in Madison, though its a bit of an eyesore from outside, it's pleasant and enjoyable inside. Though the hotel had numerous amenities - salon, pool, etc., we did not use them as the weather was so nice. I would recommend requesting a high level floor to get the best views of the lake or city.

Room Tip: Request a high level floor and renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Madison Concourse for a multi-day conference. From check in to check out, the concierge, the conference staff, the bar, restaurant and bellhops were friendly, efficient, and ready to share information about their hotel and city. Everyone seemed to be on a mission to both make sure guests didn't spend much time waiting and also have fun. I had some emotional news the first day, and the pastry chef surprised me greatly by handing me a delicious chocolate-chocalate chip cookie and said "I see you are having a tough day and wanted to give you a cookie." I regret that I was so surprised that I didn't get her name. I would highly recommend this hotel and it's terrific staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at the Concourse for 3 nights for a family wedding. Everything was excellent. Shuttle to and from airport and also anywhere within a mile in the city. The location is perfect about a block from the capital bldg. and not far from the university campus. Lots to do and see and two lakes within walking distance. Rooms were clean, bright and plenty of towels and pillows. Large bathroom, desk, table everything that you need, including wireless internet. Pool and hot tub area along with exercise room and a game room. Bar and restaurant were good and prices were ok too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
chicago
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at the Madison Concourse for a conference close by. Clean, spacious and comfortable room. Lots of pillows and very soft sheets. Quick and friendly front desk. Reasonably priced parking on site. I would certainly stay again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay (2 nights) at the Madison Concourse.

My check in was fast and easy. The person checking me in was pleasant and helpful.

The room was very comfortable. The bed super comfy with many fabulous pillows (4 + bolster), a clean and fresh bathroom (shower only) complete with makeup area and stool, a nice sitting area with two armchairs, a desk area, HD tv, and fridge. Free wifi!

I could see one of the lakes from my room.

I slept well -- not something I usually do away from home.

I thoroughly enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and sauna (wet). What a fabulous way to start the day! I didn't use the gym but it looked well kept and people did use it. Towels for the gym and the pool were available in the pool/gym area, as were lounge chairs, table/chairs, and water.

They had a small games room for guests to use (I didn't), with a microwave, video games, pinball games, that sort of thing.

Check out was also friendly and fast. I asked for their help to find an alternate route home and they were most accommodating, giving me options based on their own experiences and printing out a map/directions for me (thank you!).

All the staff I met were friendly and helpful.

Definitely a great place to stay!

Room Tip: I stayed in a single king bed room on the 10th floor -- quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location and excellent efficient, friendly and helpful staff. The bedrooms were a little disappointing - although well furnished the decor is dull, lighting inadquate and certainly no wow factor. There was no safe and no sleep timer button on the TV The bed was comfortable but the pillows were very uncomfortable and lumpy. The power in the shower is only average and the hairdryer, although effective, is far too heavy. Nevertheless we would definitely return to this hotel if in the area - hopefully those past their sell-by-date pillows will be long gone....

Room Tip: We chose a room in the Governor's Residence and this was definitely worthwhile. The staff in the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Plaines, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at approximately 10:00 pm and were really pleased with the hotel and the room. We decided to go to the main bar on the main level and were informed that because we were staying on the governors concourse we could have gone to the governors lounge for free cocktails. This was not explained to us by anyone so we just stayed and paid for our drinks.

In the morning we had the continental breakfast which was very decent with many options.

I noticed on our bill at check out that we were charged $10 for parking and then when we were leaving the parking garage we had to pay another $16.50 to get out of the garage! In order to rectify that we would have had to go back up to the lobby and we didn't have time- so I will just call and request a refund.

Overall it was a really nice hotel but had we known about a couple things at check in or prior to arriving it would have been even better.

• Stayed June 2013