“Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Plymouth, Wisconsin
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Spent the weekend for my birthday at the Concourse and had a terrific stay. The room was very large, and so was the bathroom. Spent a lot of time and money down in the lobby bar where the bartender Brian was personable and accommodating to to group of friends I was visiting with. The location is central to everything including the capital square, state street and it is within walking distance to many bars and restaurants. The free shuttle service also came in handy when it was raining out and we didn't want to walk anywhere. Parking is located underground at the property and is reasonably priced at $10 per night. I have stayed at many of the other downtown hotels including the Edgewater, Hilton & Inn on the Park and the Concourse is by far the best.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, TX
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We recently stayed in Madison at the Concourse hotel and it is best described as a mixed bag. I agree with the other reviewers on the outstanding downtown location and overall cleanliness. The staff is friendly.

But undortunately, the property is cutting corners to make a better profit and it shows in many forms. Take the shower - I get that saving water is a terrific way to lower costs, but the water flow is so low, it will take you double the time to take a shower. The room doors aren't molded correctly (they are so old they need to be replaced), so there is a glow of light and hallway chatter greeting you when you are ready to sleep. I can go on, but you get the idea.

I have friends who live in Madison who tell me that this hotel has been around a long time in various stages of good and bad. It's age clearly shows in the lobby and furnishings. If you are like me and like new and cotemporary, then the Hyatt Place or Hotel Red may be better choices (though I have not stayed in either).

I am returning to Madison this summer but I WILL NOT be staying here again - it's just not worth it.

• Stayed February 2013
San Jose, California
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed at the Concourse in Madison, WI in January for a professional association conference. I stay a 15 or 20 hotels each year and was VERY impressed with the cheerful and fast responses of ALL of the hotel staff members to every request I made (front desk, bell staff, bartenders, servers, meeting room set-up staff, shuttle drivers, housekeeping, etc. Of course the facilities and food were excellent as I expect is all good hotels. But, it is the CUSTOMER SERVICE that sets really outstanding hotels apart. I know I will return when ever I am in Madison.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Governors Club are large and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Concourse Hotel and had a fabulous experience! We have three beautiful kids (four and under), and were just looking for a quiet and relaxing weekend getaway. We had tremendous service throughout our stay -- from the Front Desk staff to Room Service and the Governor's Club Lounge. We left feeling pampered and rejuvinated and will definitely go back! We highly recommend the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club and won't even consider staying anywhere else when we visit Madison.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire WI
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our second stay at the Concourse for the "Girlfriends Shopping Weekend" package that the hotel offers...and we are already planning for next year!
The staff; from reservation confirmation, to front desk, to Governor's club, to hospitality, was so attentive, friendly and accommodating that it made for such a relaxing and pleasant get away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 7, 2013

* This was NOT my first stay. I have had the pleasure of knowing this hotel for nearly a decade. From the moment you walk in with the first "Hello, Welcome to the Madison Concourse" until it's time to NOT say, "Goodbye"; but rather, "We hope to see and serve you again.". Midwestern Hospitality has had a new address in my book...Madison, Wisconsin. I have been fortunate to have an annual conference there for quite a few years now. It used to be at a good hotel; one of a chain. But the Madison Concourse is a "smooth" operator; INDEPENDENT which makes you wonder...STOP wondering. EVERYONE there is a stakeholder in the success of the property...I wouldn't call it a "hotel". The expression "home away from home" fits most appropriately. Great location...Terrific amenities...Tremendous staff - The Complete Package.

Room Tip: "Live LARGE. Get a room on the Governor's Club Level. Relax. Enjoy. Leave It To The Staff...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent three days at the Madison Concourse for our winter "conditioner" for our convertible club. Living in Wisconsin requires a lot of conditioning during January! The staff at the Concourse could not have been better. The rooms are wonderful and the Governor's Club is unbelievable. The only complaint is the parking situation but they do offer valet parking at no charge to alleviate the problem. We look forward to our stay there every January.

Room Tip: The parking ramp below the hotel is very close and usually full - safe yourself some frustration an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends