Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$95
$205
$184
  • Pool
Super 8 Madison South(Madison)(Great Value!)
$68
The Edgewater(Madison)
$199
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Sheraton Madison Hotel(Madison)(Great Value!)
$87
Sheraton.com
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
$86
$74
1,454 results
All reviewsstate streetcapitol buildingwithin walking distanceunderground parkingclub levelfree drinksfarmers marketoverture centerfavorite hotelbusiness or pleasurecontinental breakfastthe entire staffthe location is perfectfitness centerwonderful hotelfront desk staffdowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My Husband and I stay at the Concourse Governor's Club when we need a weekend get away.We love the drinks,appetizers,evening dessert and breakfast which is all included in the package.
The staff is always helpful,courteous and the rooms are always immaculate.
I mentioned that it was our 30+ anniversary when checking in and after dinner we returned to our room and their was a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us.
We always find something to do within a few blocks of the Hotel and of course always stroll down State St.to do a little shopping.
Give it a try,you wont be disappointed!
Kathy & Dan

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay at this hotel approximately 6 times per year and highly reccomend it for someone wanting to stay in downtown Madison. It is ideally positioned adjacent to the capitol and State street with interesting shops and restaurants. Both the Governor's club rooms as well as the standard rooms are clean, recently remodled, and spacious. The health club has a great pool, spa, and sauna and the exercise equipment is adequate. I rarely eat here due to the proximity of great causal and fine dining restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a capitol view, higher floow
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We made a spur of the moment trip to Madison and decided it would be wonderful to stay in the heart of the city. What a great decision! The Concourse was beautiful and the staff was really friendly. We were able to take advantage of a few of the nearby attractions by foot - wish we'd been staying another few nights. Although we thoroughly enjoyed our time exploring, we couldn't get back to those amazing soft beds. All around, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The view of the capital was great from the upper floors - but in the summer months I am sure the lake view would be gorgeous.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was my second stay here. The first one was for four days. I was very impressed with check-in. I told them I was there before and looked me up and gave me the dates. I told them I have a thing for the Capitol, and they switched my room reservation to a room with a view... AND added to my name that for future reservations I wanted the same.
I attended my niece's wedding reception so was pleased they had a block of rooms reserved. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom spacious, the pool and hot tub the right temperatures... and the right hours! The fitness center with pool, sauna, and hot tub were open from 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
The location is a block off the Capitol Square and it was two blocks from the church where the wedding was held. What I also love about the location is that it is right off of State Street, my favorite street in Wisconsin! Great restaurants, shopping, live theater, etc. And it certainly was close for Bucky Badger and some of the UW band to show up for the wedding!!

Room Tip: I personally ask for as high of a room as possible with a view of the Capitol.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club this past weekend, January 19 - 20, 2013. The hotel has excellent customer service beginning with the gentlemen who assist you at the door with your bags, to the employees who work behind the desk. The room I stayed in was very clean and I was actually shocked on how nice the room was. I stayed on the 10th floor which provided a great view of downtown Madison and the State Capital. The parking garage is currently being worked on and is quite the challenge to maneuver with the construction barricades. The hotel does compensate its guest with free parking which is always a nice perk while they work on their parking structure. The pool area was very clean and the restaurant at the hotel is excellent. If you are staying in downtown Madison, I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have the finances available to you, I strongly recommend to book a room on the Governor's Club Level. The added perks outweigh the cost difference of the room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business