“Top notch business hotel!”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Top notch business hotel!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel a few weeks ago during my visit to Epic Systems. Everything about this hotel is top notch! I had a long day of flying to get to Madison, so I was tired and just wanted to get to my room as quickly as possible. Upon arriving at the airport pickup location, the Madison Concourse Hotel van was already waiting at the pickup location! Maybe I just lucked out and timed my arrival along with other people needing a ride from the aiport, but it was definitely a great way to start my experience! The driver greeted me with a smile and gladly took my suitcase to load in the back of the van. When I got to the check-in desk, the receptionist greeted me with a smile and made the check-in process extremely smooth. Within a few minutes, I had my keys in hand and was on my way to my room.

I stayed in a Governor's Club room (14th floor) and the room was beautiful. Great decor, modern amenities, and comfortable bed. Granted, I was gone for most of the day for work, but when I came back to my room in the evening, it had a wonderful "home" feel to it. The desk was great to get some work done and check on emails. I had my laptop with me, and though a few of my coworkers in different rooms said they had issues with wi-fi speed, I didn't experience any such issues.

The Governor's Club was a treat. A hot breakfast in the morning was really nice to start the day. And drinks and apps in the evening were a great way to take the edge off the day. My coworkers and I visited the Club each evening before heading out to dinner in downtown Madison (and yes, there are tons of amazing restaurants all within a few minutes walk of the hotel). And let's not forget the view from the Club room.... the statehouse looks amazing at sunrise!!

Overall, this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at for business. The staff, facilities, and features of this hotel make it a top notch stay in Madison. I already have my reservations set for my next trip out to Madison in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to another pleasant visit.

Room Tip: Governor's Club is one of the best finds!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel for 1 night while traveling for business. Check-in went smoothly and I was given my key in no time. The room I styaed in was updated and the bed was incredibly comfortable so I slept very well. The hotel is located in a great area with many shops and restaurants within walking distance. I picked up dinner from the Old Fashioned Restaurant which was less than 5 minutes away. I would highly recommend this restaurant for those looking for casual fare. While at the hotel, I made use of the gym which was small but well-equipped and clean. I also ordered room service for breakfast. The food was delicious and it arrived quickly. All the staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. For those traveling to Madison, I would definitely recommend the Madison Concourse Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We are now using the Madison Concourse Hotel as the "gold standard" by which we measure all other hotels.

On our 1-year anniversary, my wife and I stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel, and it was an excellent experience!

The hotel shuttle service picked us up from the airport (with our tons of luggage), and brought us to the hotel. From the moment we walked in, everything was great. It was not only beautiful, but the staff were very attentive and helpful, going out of their way to address any possible needs.

The food at the restaurant was most excellent. We very tired and hungry from a long trip, and were seated in a nice quiet corner, so we could relax and enjoy our meal. Not only was the food great, but the waitress was able to recommend a few vegetarian restaurants nearby.

If you have an opportunity to stay at the Governor's Club, you'll be glad you did. The rooms are very spacious, and in addition to the main elevators, there's an 'express' elevator just for the Governor's Club floors.

I'm a photographer, and my wife is a hair/makeup artists. We booked 6 shoots during our stay, and did them all in our hotel room. The models who arrived were equally impressed by the quality of the hotel, and having an 'express' elevator to the 14th floor was an added bonus.

We spent a LOT of time in the hotel room, and didn't get a chance to do any sight seeing. But the location is great, and we would definitely stay again.

We ended up in Madison Wisconsin by chance, and had never been before. Because of our experience at the Madison Concourse Hotel, we will certainly return to Madison again, and definitely stay at the Madison Concourse Hotel.

Our next road-trip photo shoot stop will be in San Francisco, and as we search hotels, we're comparing them all to the Madison Concourse Hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but if you get a chance, treat yourself to the Governor's Club rooms!
1 Thank Jared_Ribic
Rhinelander
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My sister and I decided to meet halfway between our homes for some family time. Madison was the likely choice. We booked rooms at the Concourse because of its central location. Since it was a weekday and the hotel wasn't full, the desk clerk upgraded our rooms. We had such a wonderful stay because we could walk to all the stores and sights of downtown. The pool area was relaxing and very fun for my neice who is 7 years old. I have stayed at the Concourse many times and have not been disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I got stranded in Madison in a storm. The Concourse gave me a nice quiet corner room on the Governor's Club. The staff was helpful; the restaurant was good; and the view of the Capitol in the blizzard helped pass the time. If you care about the minutiae, the bed was comfortable; the water pressure was good; and the room was clean. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room on the Governor's Club, floors 11, 12 and 14, with a view of the Capitol.
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

appleton, wi
Reviewed December 21, 2012

During our recent stay, we encountered a problem with our room. We decided to just endure rather than complain. After our visit, the guest services manager found out about our problem and personally called to apologize for the problem and went above and beyond what was necessary to satisfy their guests.

This hotels actually cares about their guests and they turned a dissatisfied guest into a loyal customer.

The best customer service is exhibited when your guests have a problem. Bad hotels ignore problems. Great hotels solve problems. The Madison Concourse Hotel is a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cobb, WI
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our 20th Wedding Anniversary was truly special with the Governor's Club jacuzzi suite. The ability to have such luxury within the hotel with no need to leave was an added bonus...although there are many great sites and shopping within walking distance.

Room Tip: We have stayed at the Concourse several times and the Governor's club is a great value. We have...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple