“Great hotel, wonderful service!!”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
“Great hotel, wonderful service!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We came to Madison to see "Jersey Boys" at the Overture Center. We made reservations at the Concourse, as I had given my son and daughter in law a stay there for their honeymoon, and they raved about it. They were right! First of all, it is so close to the Overture Center, we didn't even have to take our car out of the parking garage!
We wanted to go to the Old- Fashioned for dinner, and I called down to the front desk and asked if we needed reservations. I believe it was Randy that called the Old Fashioned and found out we didn't need reservations if we came right away. How nice is that?
When we checked out,I didn't use a credit card, as I don't care to use them if I don't have to. The young woman at the desk was so friendly, and said that was fine. Some places might give you a hard time about that, but she was really nice about it! I signed up for their rewards program, as I will definitely return!

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of Lake Monona. It was gorgeous.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We recently enjoyed our second stay here and I have to say both times were great experiences. Both times we have gotten rooms on the Governor's Club level and feel the extra cost is money well spent. When you choose a room at this level it allows you access to the Governor's Club Lounge. This lounge is a cozy little place to enjoy snacks, desserts and cocktails all included with the price of your stay. Here you can also enjoy views of our state's capital and one of Madison's lakes. The Concourse is perfectly located downtown. So close to many unique shops, restaurants and bars you might have difficulty fitting it all in.

• Stayed November 2012
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

It was my first time staying at the Concourse and I really enjoyed my stay. They had shuttle service to/from the airport as well as to/from Epic. I'm looking forward to staying at the Concourse in January again. I also enjoyed The Governor's Club and my jacuzzi suite.

• Stayed October 2012
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel has it all: perfect location, excellent amenities, helpful and knowledgeable staff, and wonderful service. The Governor's Club was an even better addition to my excellent impression: private elevator, free continental breakfast, free drinks in the evenings, and other requests and perks to help with my stay. Tons of shopping and restaurants are nearby, and it's a few blocks to walk north or south to either Lake Menona or Lake Mondonta and take in all of the gorgeous views.

Room Tip: Governor's Club rooms gives you access to a private elevator, free continental breakfasts, and f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed at the hotel for years and especially love the Governor's Club. The staff was very welcoming from the time we checked in and continued on when we felt at home in the lounge. The rooms are beautiful and we loved the view of the capitol. We love the location downtown and enjoy walking through campus and state street. We look forward to our next visit getting away.................not so far from home!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is right in Madison. It has comfortable beds, and is very clean. The elevators are busy, and we had to wait quite a bit for them. We went for a wedding, and if you stay in the Govenor Suites, you have private elevators and have to escort any guests to your room. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Parking is available under hotel. The restaurant in the hotel had good food. The reception was in a hotel banquet area, and was lovely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at the Concourse Hotel for one night, and the experience was excellent. The shuttle from the airport was prompt and the driver was very friendly. Check-in was quick and informative, and I was in my 10th floor room an hour after landing at the airport. The room (a King with a small sitting area) was spacious and clean. The bathroom had a large shower with excellent water pressure (though it had no bathtub). I ordered dinner from the room service menu and it arrived hot, quickly, and was very good. The bed was extremely comfortable and check-out was as smooth as check-in!

The best part of the Concourse is the location. You are literally steps away from the Capitol and State Street shopping.

Room Tip: Some travelers reported views of the lake- mine faced the city, so make sure to ask if you want a wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business