“Pleasant stay at Concourse”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We have stayed at the Concourse three times and as usual, this stay was pleasant. It is not a luxury hotel, but a nice 3 1/2 star property . Older, but nice. Our room was very clean, had small frig, two queens with plenty room to spare. (We DO find the beds a little too soft for our liking. But not awful.) It is basically a business hotel so there is free wifi in the rooms, a decent restaurant and small bar, indoor swimming pool etc. The nice thing is the number of shuttle vans that they have. They will zip you to the Kohl Center or to Camp Randall for UW games. And return to pick you up if needed. A great plus in the winter months. We have always had good customer service from the staff. We look for this hotel on the third party sites and have found it at some really good rates when needed. LOTS of good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: You can request a Capital bldg. or lake view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,423)

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights while on business and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was clean, modern, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed having free wireless and a mini-fridge. The Madison Concourse was ideally located if you do not have a car - easy walking to restaurants and shops, plus their free shuttle service will take you anywhere you want to go. The only negative is that breakfast (including room service) was not available before 6:45 am, which was inconvenient as I had to leave for work earlier than that. I would certainly recommend the Concourse.

Room Tip: Upper floors can have a nice view of the Capital building
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2011

To start, great location - you can't get any better in Madison. The staff was friendly, rooms were nice and location doesn't get any better in Madison. Recommend that you upgrade to Governors Club. Nightly happy hour, dessert bar and bloody Mary breakfast on weekends. And an amazing view of the state capitol.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years.It used to be a solid four.Nice clean rooms good location and a pleasant staff.Now to what has changed over the years.This is a very busy hotel and is usually full during events in madison.That being said theres still no excuse for poor customer service and the lack of effort to go the extra mile for a guest.I know to some this is of no importance but to me when i grade a hotel this is a very important component.Every thing i requsted was meant with a flat no not a we can see we can try nothing just a we are too busy to find out or accomodate whatever simple request was made.
And trust me i was not asking for caviar three in the morning more like i asked for an extra hour at check out and sily me after twenty stays at this hotel i thought that a fair request.That is just one example of many.In the future i will stay elsewhere

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
slabella, Manager at Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

We appreciate and value the feedback from our guests. Guest service is very important to us. We make every effort to grant the requests of our guests from room upgrades to views to late check-outs.

I understand wanting to relax on Sunday morning and stay a little longer. It is rare for us to be unable to accommodate a one hour late check-out request; but this year, we had a large group who was set to arrive and check in early on Sunday.

We truly appreciate the feedback and are always willing to address any concerns that our guests may have and will do whatever we can to ensure that every guest experiences a terrific night in Madison. As I mentioned in my email to you, please feel free to get in touch with me so I can learn more about your stay. We never want our guests to leave disappointed and don’t want to lose your business.

Stephanie LaBella, Customer Service Manager
slabella@concoursehotel.com

Reviewed October 31, 2011

The Coucourse has something for everyone. The pool is relaxing. The Dayton Street Grill has wonderful service and delicious food. The Bar is great for gathering with friends for a drink and conversation. The fireplace, comfortable chairs, great bartenders and the best bar menu I have ever seen. The rooms are current, comfortable, and room service is wonderful. The location is great. Museums, the University of Wisconsin, two wonderful lakes, all within walking distance, not to mention on the the most beautiful state capitol buildings in the United States.

Room Tip: The Governors Club is well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights in a Governor's Club room last week. The room was a corner room so had two windows (that opened!) with gorgeous views of the Capital and downtown. The room was spacious, immaculate and the bed was unbelievably comfy. In fact, I just ordered a bedding set from this hotel's Comfort Collection. I've never ordered hotel bedding before, but it was so soft and comfortable, I couldn't resist. Our room also had an air whirlpool tub which was large enough for two and very relaxing.

The Governor's Club rooms are a bit more expensive than standard rooms and are for adults only. However the benefits include an open bar with top shelf liquor nightly, along with appetizers and dessert until 10:30. Breakfast is also included. These fine amenities are well worth the extra room charge! The appetizers are not basic cheese and crackers, but included chicken wellington, veggies and dip, and other hearty warm items. The desserts included items such as pumpkin creme brulee, raspberry mouse, etc.

We checked out the pool and fitness area, although didn't use either. The pool area was clean with several teak tables and plush lounge pool chairs. Would be a very comfortable meeting area if traveling with a family.

Finally, every staff person that we encountered was professional and very friendly. We will definitely return to this hotel and the Governor's Club when in Madison and traveling without children.

Room Tip: Book a Governor's Club Room- views of Capital or Lake Monona
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club on many occasions and it's my favorate hotel in Madison. The service is great, the location right next to the capital and many fine restuarance. Its a short walk to State Street and the University of Wisconsin campus. They offer free airport shuttle as well as shuttles to nearby restuarants and even university events such as football and basketball. I stay in the Gornornor's Club which has upscale rooms, free continental breakfast and evening drinks and snacks. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the Governor's Club. A lttle more money but with upscale roon, free breakfast and unlimi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family