Sheraton Madison Hotel
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$101
$82
$189
$167
Doubletree.com
Super 8 Madison South(Madison)(Great Value!)
$59
$151
$139
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe club loungefront deskstarbucks coffeebike pathshuttle servicealliant energy centerclose to downtownlake mononabit datedhotel barshower headbed was very comfortablepool and hot tubfitness centerdefinitely stay here againjosephinelobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel three times over the past few years while visiting our daughter at college. We are world travelers, and this hotel is really very nice. The decor is pretty and up to date. The rooms are large and clean, the staff is as nice as can be, and the beds and pillows are so comfortable that I am searching sites to see where I can buy their pillows. This is a pet friendly hotel, and we have always brought our dog. The staff and hotel guests have always been warm and friendly. While the hotel is not centrally located downtown, it is very easy to get to, and is easier than staying right downtown. There is free parking. We have always gotten a reasonable rate here, as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2010

The Sheraton is a great place to stay in Madison. The rooms have been renovated somewhat recently and are very nice, clean, and comfortable. Customer Service has always been good to me - in my 20 or so stays at this location. Workout room is good. Restaurant is good. There is a bar. I'll be honest, there is nothing especially stunning or remarkable about this hotel, but I have never been disappointed with my stay. I always have everything I need there. You do need transport to downtown area (never a problem for me, as I am driving from Chicago). My most recent stay was for a race - they are very accommodating to these special event situations. Rooms on the SPG level are really nice the the SPG lounge has a great breakfast on weekdays.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Last October, we had a breakfast meeting scheduled with visitors staying at the Sheraton in Madison, WI. We did not plan well, because this was during the World Dairy Expo and all nearby hotels were surely full for breakfast! Tyler Dovernbarger, Supervisor at the restaurant, saved our day and our meeting! He put our group in an empty banquet room and asked the restaurant staff to set the table and serve us there. For our group of 8, this literally took seconds, as if our request didn't come at the busiest time of the morning. We could discuss business in a quiet atmosphere. Thank you, Tyler and the friendly staff at the Sheraton restaurant, for making our day and saving our meeting, not to mention coming through with a delicious breakfast !!

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Very nice surprise, the hotel has been renovated recently. Restaurant was good with even better service. Try the 'sliced bacon' appetizer. I like a lobby that is big enough to sit and work in. Beats "in room boredom." they have just that with a coffee bar. Also like to go for a morning walk and evening run. Nice lake behind the hotel and its a about 11 miles around.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I was thrilled with our Priceline bid acceptance ($55/night) until we got to the hotel. For what we paid this hotel is excellent but for the regular rates they charge I would have been highly disappointed.

The remodel is adequate and some of the design elements in the lobby/hallways are nice, but the rooms look dated. The carpet was worn, the bathrooms are clearly circa 1990, the heater was something you'd expect in a dormitory, and the cleanliness wasn't there. Cobwebs in corners, fingerprints all over the desk/nightstands and grimy floorboards. It's not disgusting, but not what you'd expect from a Sheraton.

We couldn't access the free wifi in our room at the end of the hall. We had to walk our netbook down the hall until we could connect and then return to the room with one or two bars and hope we didn't lose it. This may be a room they reserve for Priceliners, which I always find frustrating.

The location is great; just across the lake from downtown and very near UW campus. Again, there's nothing "wrong" with this hotel but I wouldn't have been happy if I would have paid over $100/night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple