Sheraton Madison Hotel
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$95
$205
$186
  • Pool
$82
$189
$167
Doubletree.com
Super 8 Madison South(Madison)(Great Value!)
$59
$151
$139
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe club loungefront deskstarbucks coffeebike pathshuttle servicealliant energy centerclose to downtownlake mononabit datedhotel barshower headbed was very comfortablepool and hot tubfitness centerdefinitely stay here againjosephinelobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2010

This is one of our favorite Sheratons in the Upper Midwest. Sometimes we'll drive 100-200 miles out of our way just to stay here. This Sheraton has a child-friendly swimming pool, which is long enough to do laps in too! The spa is relaxing.

The hotel has recently been completely renovated. The Club floor dining area feels like you are at home in a thoroughly updated and sophisticated family room, complete with artistic wall accents. The cold and hot food selections are arranged on a granite counter top and are delicious!

The Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired restaurant is a hidden gem; when conventions are not in full session, as we experienced on this trip, it seems like you have the entire restaurant to yourself, since it can be so quiet and scenic, looking out at the green leaves in the nearby forest through the picture windows.

In your room, you can enjoy perhaps the best flat-screen HDTV experience in the Sheraton system. The menu selection for movies is state-of-the-art. If you pause momentarily, a preview automatically starts, without having to press any buttons! It is the easiest selection process I've ever seen!

The staff, from the front desk to the restaurant staff to the executive suite, are extremely friendly, professional and attentive to your every need! They are outstanding! That's why I proudly say that the entire staff treats you like family--only better! And this is precisely why we always look forward to staying at this Sheraton!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I used to tell myself that the Sheraton was worth it. It's not close to the center of the city, it's certainly old, and the food's not great. I stayed here for two months. During this time I did encounter the occasional not-so-clean room, spiders, missing towels, thin walls with noisy neighbors, cranky front desk staff (in the evenings) and hard to find power outlets. They also do not really recognize or appreciate SPG members. I stayed there 4 nights a week, you'd think they'd help me out. Sure, it has it's pluses - the lounge, the Starbucks, the shuttle (and drivers).

I stayed at two other hotels in the area - the Concourse and the Hyatt. I'd definitely go back to the Hyatt in the blink of an eye (it was amazing!). The Concourse is alright.

Bottomline: meh. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night during our great upper-midwest roadtrip. Originally, we were supposed to stay in a different hotel in Milwaukee that evening. However, at some point in the late afternoon we realized that there was no way we were going to make it to Milwaukee that night. So, we cancelled our original reservation and ended up booking our stay at the Sheraton Madison at the last minute through hotels.com.
Upon arrival, I was greeted cordially by the front desk staff and just going by my impression of the lobby, I was pleased and felt that we had made a good choice. However, it turned out that there had been a bit of a snafu with our reservation. The hotel was comepletely booked and apparently the room that had shown as available through hotels.com was actually one of the few remaining rooms under renovation and should not have shown on hotels.com as available. My heart sank. I was so worried that we would end up being shuffled off to some other less satisfactory hotel. However, the front desk staff had us take a seat in the lobby and after a few minutes came over with the front desk mananger and informed us they they were having one of the recently recarpeted rooms made up for us and apologized several times for the inconvenience (even though it was likely not their fault). All of the front desk staff that we interacted with were friendly, proffessional, efficient, and truly understood the meaning of customer service as applied to the hospitality industry. I was very impressed with their efficiency in solving this problem. Particularly that of the front desk manager (I wish I could remember his name - I meant to make note of it). They even had a complimentery bottle of wine sent to our room as an apology for the incident.
The room itself had obviously just been put together for us (some things weren't even plugged in.) However, the decor was lovely, the room was very clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel. Room service was prompt and quite good. Also, The water pressure in the shower was impressive and the shower head was set high enough that my 6' tall husband was able to shower comfortably. We were very happy with our stay and would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My stay in the Sheraton Hotel in Madison was absolute warm and excellent serviced. As I The hotel staff at the reception was the best I have ever seen. I had to face a few problems concerning my ongoing trip and the staff, especially Nicholas Wagner, were very helpful to assist and finally solve the problems. I took a big effort to do so, but he for hours he was helping me out, I am so thankful.

Despite of that, the rooms are comfortable and exclusive, nothing negative to say at all. Fast free internet access was available in the rooms and at PCs in the lobby. The conference rooms were nicely equipped.
Very handy is the hotels shuttle service, going from 7 am to 9 pm, because the hotel is not directly located in the city centre.

So I can definitely recommend the hotels to any other guests!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2010

and now I'm less so. We were given room 327. (Don't take it, if offered.) Our stay was on a Tuesday. We checked in early, grateful for that, and headed out to see the sites. We returned and settled in to notice the extremely stained carpet, not-so-clean/slightly deteriorated bathroom, and the large, spreading crack in the glass window that overlooked the lower level roof top. We figured hey, maybe this is the room they give people who book $60 a night via Priceline. Within an hour or two of going to bed, I began to itch and noticed a huge red bump forming in the bend of my left arm. That was followed by waking up an hour or so later to more itching, a bump on my right ring and index fingers and one under my chin. My husband called the front desk and they immediately brought up a key to a second floor room. We slept fairly well after that. We appreciated the prompt response, but did not appreciate having such an unclean room nor moving all of our things at 3 a.m. When we checked out the morning after, the front desk clerk gave my husband two $5 vouchers for the Starbucks kiosk in the lobby as a consolation. So, in the end, I guess we paid $50. Still, not a fan.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple