All reviewsthe club loungefront deskstarbucks coffeeshuttle servicealliant energy centerclose to downtownhotel barshower headbusiness trippool and hot tubfitness centerking bedjosephinelobbyjoshlakeconference
Reviewed December 6, 2017

This is a fairly standard 80s Sheraton that has had some improvements in the lobby, but overall its exactly the same footprint of most of the others you've stayed in. Seemed very empty to me, and I was surprised to to be upgraded to a club floor room as a lifetime SPG gold person - but that's not a big deal.

Room was clean and amenities were better than average - a strange bathroom layout that I had never seen before - where the vanity normally is was a flat counter top and the sink was in the area outside the bathroom. Almost like the plumbers didn't put the pipes in the right place.

Price was right when I was there since this hotel is farther from most of the businesses north of town - I understand the prices go way up when there are University events.

I'll probably stay here again when I'm next in Madison

Room Tip: Your choice is parking lot and 4 lane road or railway - I chose the former (odd numbers)
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Tatiana L, other at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Dear Raoul M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We certainly appreciate all feedback and we hope to see you the next time you're in Madison.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

This hotel has a great location and excellent staff.
I stay when ever I can get a room. They are full many of my trips to town.
The property was remodeled recently.
They have close by restaurant or the University is less than a few miles away.

Room Tip: Upper floor are more quite
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Dear Neil G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We certainly appreciate all feedback and it's wonderful to hear that our staff could live up to expectations.

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Club Room visit only.....Trish is awesome...attentive, observant, personable and willing to please. She enhances an otherwise challenging hotel experience. Would like to see the Club menu enhanced versus being experimental with non-pleasing dining options.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Tish is certainly a huge asset to the Sheraton Madison team and we are happy to have her. I'm so sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as it could have been but we will certainly take your comments into consideration with the Club Lounge.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Quoted $90 some bucks for a room over the phone. Arrived to be charged $150 because state football was in town. Room had a strange odor. Next morning, no complementary coffee down stairs, but for $3 you could get one from a coffee retailer located within the lobby. It served the purpose I guess, but certainly nothing special. Probably never again.

Stayed: November 2017
Tatiana L, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Dear Scott_and_Gayle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of our hotel! I sincerely apologize that your experience was not as good as it could have been. Our rates do change daily based on our occupancy and events happening in town and I apologize that this was not communicated!

If you do come back to Madison, please let us know and we would be happy to help you arrange your accomodations at the hotel directly.

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

The lobby, location, and offering of restaurants within the building were great. Staff was attentive and polite, but the room itself felt like I️ was staying at a Holiday Inn or some other lower brand hotel...no mini fridge, an unpleasant surprise with my sheets ( see picture - no hugger sheet, just the top blanket and what looked like a pee pad..) likely just an oversight by housekeeping and a one off, but will likely be staying someplace else next time I come to visit for business or pleasure.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Tatiana L, Assistant Front Office Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Dear Paul S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor! Although I was happy to read that our staff took great care of you, I do apologize that your room was not up to not only our standards, but yours as well. I hope that when you do come back to Madison, you decide to give us another chance!