“Feel like home”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This hotel is located few miles to the downtown near the lake Monona. The surronding is quiet and relaxing and they provide a free shuttle to close locations. The rooms are large and comfortable and flat screen HD TV is a real plus. All the staff were very nice and professional were very friendly and helpful. It was really a pleasure to chat with Tamika and Carolina at the front desk and they were very friendly and helpful. There are some minor problems but they did not effect the overall pleasure of staying in this hotel.

Regards

Reviewed July 29, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for three days earlier this month. We got a good price for the room and were pleasantly surprised when they upgraded us to the club level upon arrival which afforded us free breakfast and daily newspaper.
We love the beds at Sheridans and this was no exception. Flat screen TV was large and HD. However, the air-conditioning fan was very loud and we had to turn it off in order to sleep. Also, it's advised by the hotel not to open the windows in warm weather because of tiny flies that can penetrate the screens from the adjacent. Bar & restauarant were both nice with friendly staff and there are 4 internet computers for use by guests.

The location of the hotel was isolated and not near downtown. However, they do have a free shuttle bus on location. Also, the Alliance Center is right across the street if you have buiness there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

As a SPG member (starwood prefered Guest) that keeps bouncing up and down with his gold and platinum status I stay only at starwoods hotels whenever I get the chance to do so. As usual all hotels can't always be top notch even the fancy ones that I've stayed in has alot of faults anyways back to the review of this hotel.

I stayed at this hotel for almost 2 weeks, time flew by as usual when you are on vacation.

Like the topic says the hotel itself is extremly wonderful and has alot to offer thoese who are out for business and for pleasure. The same goes for its staff. If you find a friendlier staff than this one that makes you feel welcomed and part of the hotel feel free to tell me wich hotel you stayed in so I can determine that by myself. I have highly doubts about anything so far in my life can come close to the wonderful staff of the sheraton in Madison. The beds in this hotel are to die for! Lie down for 10 minutes and you will fall asleep automaticly! I promise you this!

The sauna hot tub and pool is also a very good area for relaxation when you need to think about nothing is also a 5/5. Too bad its not open longer than 10pm. Cause that midnight swim is a classic for us who are night owls!

The only renovation this hotel needs is for the walls to be more thick so sound from the outside do not come in. That was the only thing negative that I experienced from this hotel. Sometimes you could hear how others slammed doors and talked on the outside. Some rooms also have a door that leads to the next room where another guest is staying. Why this is like this I have no clue! The guests in the other room could have their tv on and we could hear it on our side. If you are looking to be in this hotel for sleep I have to advise you to go somewhere else. On the otherhand who sleeps during a vacation anyways when you have places to see and stuff to do?

If this problem is fixed in the near future this hotel will probably be the only hotel you ever need to be in when you are visiting madison.

Hotel furnishing & design 5/5
Staff in hotel way beyond 5/5
Beds 5/5

Best Regards
David & Christine

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

If you don't need to stay right downtown, Sheraton Madison is it. Clean and modern with friendly, personal service, especially at the front desk and restaurant. The bar/restaurant is great, and one gets the feeling that most of one's needs can be met right on the premises. Tamika at the front desk really made the stay extra-special, and Brian the bartender delights with his bizarre and entertaining stories. A great choice for people who want to feel at home... but book early for good rates!

Reviewed July 23, 2009

My stay at the Madison Sheraton was a pleasure from the moment I walked into the front lobby. Tamika at the front desk greeted me with the warmest and friendliest smile, and couldn't have been more helpful then and my entire six day stay. What an asset to the Shetaton family of employees and a wonderful person to greet you upon arrival!! My room was spacious, clean, fresh, and fantastic. The entire staff bent over backwards for me my entire stay. The restaurant was not only convenient, but served outstandng food and was very enjoyable to dine in. The hotel handled the conference that I attended effortlessly without a flaw, from serving us all breakfast every morning, to clearning the room at the end of each session every evening. The shuttle service that the Sheraton Madison offered was great! It not only picked me up at the airport, but it would take guests within a three mile radius of the hotel free of charge, and then pick you up when you were ready to come back. What a wonderful service to offer to your guests! I am disabled and found this not only helpful, but it made my trip so much nicer to be able to get out and see some of Madison while I was there, which I really enjoyed.
First rate staff, hotel, shuttle, and experience! Great job, Sheraton Madison!!

Reviewed July 22, 2009

Tamika at the front desk made us feel welcome and helped immediately. Luis in their restaurant was excellent. They both were friendly and extremely warm and efficient in their service. The hotel has beautiful rooms. It was great to have a coffee shop, bar and restuarant (with excellent food) on the premises. I'd make an effort to stay here on all my visits to Madison .

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2009

When I showed up to this hotel at the end of a long work day I was told that the hotel overbooked, and that I did not have a room! Moments later another couple came in after me and were told that they had a room! Why did I not have a room and this couple did? I prepaid for my room. I was told this was normal hotel practice. In fact, that this was a procedure that is practiced so much that it is even posted on the schedule weeks ahead of time! The hotel staff did not act at all apologetic.
The hotel told me that they would put me up across the way in a Clarion suites for 2 nights and I was to come back to their hotel on the third night when they would have a room for me. I was also told if I didn't want to do that we could stay in a conference room on a fold out couch!! I was appalled! After an 8 hour drive, and 6 hours of working, I was completely mistreated and disrespected at this hotel. I booked a nice hotel, (3.5 or 4 star, and they offer to put me up in a Clarion??) I at this point had no choice! The clarion was a horrible alternative! This was not a fair trade off. My sister and I were foreced to stay in a room with one queen sized bed! The internet was not working efficently either. So, the computer work I had planned into my schedule was not able to be completed! When I called back to complain about the accomidations given to me at the other hotel I was told that it had nothing to do with booking on priceline. That the hotel pre sets the weekends that they will overbook and that it is typical procedures in this hotel! I travel all of the time, and have never had this happen. I was not able to talk to any manager in charge due to her being off. The offer I got was to come over and eat breakfast at this hotel in the morning! What?! Are you kidding me? After leaving messages for the manager I was never called back. I then came to my room at the Clarion on the third night after a 12 hour work day and found we were locked out of our room. The Sheraton was refusing to pay for the 3rd night here because they now had a room available! They were telling me I had to pack up my things and come back to their hotel! I called and said this was a horrible inconvenience for me when I was going to leave in the morning. I was literally yelled at by the girl working. She told me that I should not book a room on priceline or hotwire, that it was my fault. She said she would get in trouble if we did not come back to their hotel to stay. I asked her if she was telling me that priceline was not a legitimate company! She argued with me and said that I did not make the acutal booking with their hotel and this is why I ended up with no room! Why does the Sheraton have a contract to sell rooms via priceline and hotwire if they are not going to honor the reservations?! The girl, after completely blaming this entire situation on me, finally gave in and said she would call the Clarion and approve us to say the third night.

The next day I went to the Sheraton to seek out a manager. I spoke to an assistant manager that listened to my story politely, then asked for me to wait while she spoke to the main manger of the hotel. Keep in mind this is the first hotel staff member that showed me any respect at all! After a breif wait, she retruned to tell me they would comp me one night's stay in their hotel, or I could get a check for one night's equivalent of what I paid on priceline! I was appalled! After the chaos I was put through and the total disrepect this is all they were willing to offer me!?! I persisted that this was not efficent and I would wait to talk to the other manager when she came in.
I headed on the road and the only nice girl that I spoke to at the hotel called me and said they agreed to give me 3 nights stay in one of thier hotels, and I would get the voucher in the mail.

Yes, this was better. But how many people did I have to talk to, complain to, and get treated this way before a solution for compensation was given!? I have never ever been so disrespected in my life! I have no idea how a hotel can do this to people when they are planning on having a room! What is the point in reserving and paying for a room if you show up to have been bummped! I can only assume that they sold me room to someone off the street that was willing to pay full price, and they made more money by puting me up in a less than satisfactory hotel! This is why they wanted me to come back on the third night. They would lose out on the money!
I am so disgusted at the way this hotel gets away with treating people! This is not right! When this issue was addressed so casually with the hotel staff as if they owed me nothing is shocking! I wonder if this is a corporate practice of all Sheraton hotels? They truly acted like they did nothing wrong! This must be an ongoing issue they deal with when they overbook and leave people with no room! They were callased and blamed me!
I would expect priceline and hotwire to be very upset with this practice, and the employees of the hotel telling it's guests that priceline is not a legitimate way to book a room! I have never embarked on such horrible customer service in my life! This is not the way to treat people!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business