“Great Location, Very Comfortable”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a current guest in this hotel and am VERY pleased. I have a four night stay booked and this hotel is a refuge after a day full of wall to wall people. My room is clean but more importantly, it is quiet and the bed is super comfortable.

The front desk staff are friendly, professional and helpful.

The free internet is very nice as is the printing in the lobby. The bar looks fun, but working a 12 hour day doesn't leave much energy to visit it - maybe on Sunday night.

The only reason I didn't rate this a 5 is that breakfast is not included.

I will definitely return when back in town next April.

Room Tip: My room is on the 3rd floor at the front, also, just around the corner from the elevator - you would...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review! I am very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your current stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you are enjoying your guest room and that you were able to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We are excited to see you again next April.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We have now stayed twice at this hotel and both times with a small dog and absolutely loved it. There is a Starbucks right in the lobby which is always helpful, great check-in service. Loved the rooms, they seem to have been recently updated and both times they were really quiet. The beds and pillows are super comfy!

During both of our stays, there were big events being held at the hotel (one time a wedding and the other some sort of Armenian party) and it was really loud and smoky walking into the hotel but once in the room, very quiet. There were some people running down the hall and smoking in their rooms but I have to assume that was just because of the events and not usual practice at this hotel.

On our last stay, the light bulb above the vanity was flickering like crazy after we turned off the lights. Upon calling the front desk, a gentleman was in our room to fix the lighting within 3 minutes and was in and out quickly - it was great service! I also left my iPhone charger there and a very nice lady found it and mailed it back to me (at a cost of $22 for FedEx which was surprisingly expensive but I was glad she found it).

It felt safe to walk my dog at night around the property and we ran into a couple other doggies staying there too. I believe there is a pet fee here which is stupid especially if they are not enforcing their smoking rules (I would think cigarette smoke is more permanently damaging to a hotel room than a 12 pound, non-shedding house trained dog?) so I hope that Sheraton changes that rule at some point soon.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask to stay away from the ballroom/meeting room area in case there is a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for a great reveiw! I am very happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice when you are visiting Madison. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and that our customer service was memorable to you. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I decided to take a weekend trip to Madison and needed a hotel for a one night stay. The Sheraton was clean, conveniently located, and spacious. I was put in a handicap room (because I asked for a room w/ a king bed but had booked on Hotwire) and it was so spacious, essentially it was a suite! Only downside was that the tv was far away from the bed. Fast room service, and free parking. Two thumbs up!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for a great review! I am very pleased to hear that your recent stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Madison.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Central Wisconsin’s winter wouldn’t release its cold grip on us so I traveled 100 miles south with my 12-year-old daughter in search of less snow and an indoor pool. We found both during our short stay at the Sheraton Madison. Check in was a breeze and we settled in to our 3rd floor, front-facing room. After a while I smelled cigarette smoke coming in from our wall heater and notice people smoking outside in front of the hotel directly below our room. I called the front desk and within 5 minutes Carla arrived and escorted us to a new room on the sixth floor. She apologized for the inconvenience and provided us with access to the 7th floor lounge, an area reserved for their premiere customers.

The Room: Clean, quiet, adequately size, nice shower/bath, separate sink outside of bathroom, and a bathrobe hanging in the closet which my daughter immediately claimed.

The Pool: Nice size with a comfortable water temperature, I’m told. Much to my daughter’s chagrin, I opted for the 100-degree whirlpool for a much needed therapeutic soak. I explained to her that older people benefited from warmer temperatures but she should continue swimming laps in the pool.

The Fitness Center: Despite my best intentions, I never made it inside the fitness center but it sure looked nice from afar. Maybe next time.

The Restaurant: Generous portions, good food, nice ambiance. No complaints. The bar seemed nice as well and I’m told serves the same menu as the restaurant.

The People: Front Desk Carla is exceptional and embodies outstanding customer service. From the affable maintenance guy in the elevator to the meticulous attendant cleaning the pool, the staff is friendly and helpful.

We’ll stay at the Sheraton Madison again and take advantage of more amenities. We did not have time to jump on the free shuttle to explore downtown Madison but will do so on our next visit. I recommend the Sheraton Madison for its convenient location, value, and above all – its friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Unless smoking is prohibited at the exterior/front of the building, those rooms nearest are at risk...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for such a fantastic review! I am delighted that you chose to stay with us for your weekend getaway. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed some of the amenities our hotel has to offer, and that our customer service wsa memorable to you. I will be sure to pass your compliments to the associates mentioned. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a clean hotel not far from downtown. Used the complimentary shuttle to my meetings downtown--little bit of wait on pickup return trip, but ok. Rooms are clean and fairly up to date. Beds are comfortable and linens in good shape. Bathroom is small.

I knocked the rating down two levels because the in-room TV has the HDMI ports locked out. I called the front desk and was told they didn't want guests using the TVs and wanted guests to buy the in-room movies. This is UNACCEPTALBE--nearly all computers, tablets, and phones have some HDMI interface to display the screen on the TV. This is useful for reviewing presentations, sharing pictures, and yes, watching Netflix. Time to step up to the new culture and let guests use the facilities to their full extend--unblock the HDMI port!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank mooring10
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our Sheraton Shuttle Service. I do apologize for you no being able to access our HDMI port. Our system is a closed propriety system based on our vendor which unfortunately causes them not to work. We are currently looking at a solution that will rectify this issue. We hope you will choose to stay with us again during your next visit to Madison.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The hotel staff was very courteous, and were very prompt when using their shuttle service to and from downtown Madison. I would recommend anyone stay at this hotel as it is also fairly priced. The pool area was nice and seemed very family friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review! I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable, and that our customer service was memorable to you. I am also pleased to hear that you were able to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Check in ok but no baggage cart for piles of equipment. Rooms fine, but limited food (bkfst only) and limited hours for coffee shop.

Limited staff with slow check out. So so stay on a cold weekend. Kept us warm but that was it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our guestrooms and that we were able to keep you warm during the very cold weekend. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Warm regards,