“Excellent stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rockford, Illinois
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We did a last minute booking of the Sheraton in Madison, WI and we couldn't have been happier. The staff is great, especially Josh the Mgr., and the rooms were very comfortable. The beds were awesome and we both slept great. Another nice feature was the free shuttle downtown. We didn't get to stay the whole weekend, but we're definitely planning to come back to this hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: You may want to request a view of the lake, but I'm not sure what's available. We were facin...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for such a great review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We hope you visit us again very soon.

Kind regards,

Lisa Watts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly and courteous. Although I did encounter some problems whit the hotel from the get go. I am giving it an excellent rating due how they recoved. I had made reservations for there Thanksgiving brunch two weeks prior to arrival. The day of the brunch the hot water goes out through out the hotel. We could not shower. They made sure that we were componsated for the inconvinence. The staff in the restraunt was excellent as well as front desk.

This hotel is pet friendly, so we were able to take our dog. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! The food was great the beds were very plush and clean.
Thank You for makeing our stay wonderfull

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with us. I do apologize that our hot water was not working properly and I am glad that we were able to make the remainder of your stay with us pleasant. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is well-maintained, the rooms are well-appointed, and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. However, one of the best things about this hotel is that it's reasonably close to downtown AND parking is plentiful and convenient. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for such a fantastic review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our customer service was memorable to you. We hope you will stay with us again very soon.

Taylor, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times now and each stay was excellent! Facility was great, service super and we stayed on the 7th Floor the Club Floor which gave us extra perks. We stayed here for the WIAA State basketball and the Badger Basketball games and we enjoyed the whole atmosphere. Vicki and Jen in the Club room were extra special tendintg to our breakfast needs and great conversation! We will definatly stay here many more times!

Room Tip: All rooms have been great and clean!
Green Features: It is a great feat to do the green thing. It helps our environment!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a great review! I am very happy to hear that each and every stay that you have had with us has been great. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the appropriate departments. We hope that you will visit us again very soon.

Kind regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Let me start by saying, I did not read any reviews for this hotel prior to booking my reservation. I took for granted the name :Sheraton", the price $169/night and the pictures on the hotels website, would serve as enough evidence to support the selection and make the reservation, never again! This was a last minute reservation to spend the weekend with my grandson.

I am a Starwood Prefered Guest member and booked the reservation with a AAA discount, bringing the room charge too, $99.00/night (still way to high). My husband and I checked into the hotel early and decided to grab a quick bite for lunch. Quick is the optimal word, or should I say lack of quickness? The restaurant had a total of 3 tables with customers. My husband ordered a hamburger and fries, when it came to the table 20 minutes later, it had to be sent back because it was made with cheese (he is allergic). While waiting, I finished my soup. 20-25mins later my husbands hamburger and fries presented to our table. Disappointed and feeling like this time frame was a little lengthy, I brought this to the attention of our waitress. The waitress (with hesitation) agreed to remove my husbands meal from our bill.

We made it to our room on the 5th floor. The room smelled like an old antique store (musty). I contacted the front desk, requesting we have our room changed. The front desk staff accommodated us, and moved us to the third floor. Our view was the front of the hotel. When we walked into our new room, the pressed wood on the door was peeling off. Our closet doors would not close, they seemed to be warped. In order to take a shower, you need to walk into the bathroom and close the door completely, this allows you to walk around the toliet, which is in front of the shower. The bathroom has no room and I am not sure why half of it is taken up by what looks like should have been a sink. Instead they put an oversized counter with a shelf below it. The walls in our room were extremly thin, not only can you hear what is going on in the hallways, you can hear what is happening in the room beside the bathroom and in the bedroom area, you can hear everything going on outside in front of the hotel. The paint on the ceilings is chipping off, and one of the walls, has what looks like cuts in it. Our chair and curtains had unexplainable stains, white in color on the chair, and yellow on the curtains (yuk)!

The two last disappointments were the beds, which seemed liked those you slept on back in the 70's and the overpriced ice cream, that tasted like it was old, thawed out and re-frozen. The one positive happened the following morning in the restaurant. With our room fee, came two free breakfast vouchers. The breakfast buffet was amazing and so was the service that morning.

When checking out, I brought my concerns to the front desk staff when I checked out. The clerk assured me she would add 2000 points to my Starwood Preferred Guest account, which she informed me "could get me a free nights stay at any SPG hotel or resort". She continued on by stating " I hopes you return to our establishment and give us another try", I'm thinking I'll take a pass.

Room Tip: Not sure, with what we experienced.
Green Features: offers to have your towels reused and a recycle bin in the room
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Sheraton is an excellent large hotel which is well maintained with large comfortable bedrooms and bathrooms. Rooms feel spacious, nice decor and clean. The beds are large and comfortable. The front desk is well organised and the public areas well maintained and comfortable inviting you to relax.

In the rooms the vanity top and wash basin is placed outside of the bathroom which after getting used to allowed us to speedily get ourselves ready in the morning without one of us waiting for the bathroom to become free. However some may not like having a wash basin effectively in the bedroom if partially screened off in its own area. We liked it.

It is large hotel serviced by 4 large guest lifts offering speedy access to your guest floors.It has a restaurant and gym which we unfortunately did not have the time to use.

When our group arrived we were expected and our room key cards quickly given with no fuss to allow us to go to our rooms immediately. When we saw our room was next to a pair of guestlifts and we heard structure bound noise from the lifts, we, on request, were transferred seamlessly to another room. A well run hotel.

Its main come down is its location slightly outside of the centre of Madison. However the Hotel offers a frequent and regular complimentary service to and from the city from the hotel. When not busy the Hotel's driver will take you to your destination and pick you up which happened for us on both evenings of our stay. A big thank you to the hotel.

Room Tip: The rear rooms face onto the railway but no views above the trees lining the lake. The front faces t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for such a fantastic review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing great customer service to all of our guests. We hope that the next time you stay with us; you will try our restaurant and our newly renovated fitness center.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I spent the past weekend here on a visit to Madison for the BYU football game. While overall the hotel was not bad, there was nothing to really distinguish it from other hotels more conveniently located in Madison. The location is about a 10 minute drive from
Capitol Square and a little bit longer to the UW campus, so a car is needed for those visiting the school. If one is staying in the downtown area, no car would be needed. The hotel itself is adequate, but in need of updating. Things seemed a bit shabby. The room we had was ok, but the rooms were poorly insulated and one could hear everything going on in the hallways. Also, there was no room safe. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom and amenities ok. The best thing about the hotel was the price. Our room costs $127/night online, whereas the Best Western on the Square was going for $249.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize that your recent stay with us did not exceed your expectations. We will be sure to take your comments into advisement during our next renovation. We hope that the next time you are in Madison you will give us a chance to go above and beyond your expectations.