“Sheraton Madison Hotel, Wisconsin”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Madison, Wisconsin for work training. I always choose the Sheraton Madison Hotel. The staff are friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean, and the shuttle drivers will take you almost anywhere that want.

If you are lucky enough to have Pauli drive you around, be sure to ask hime about his music days with Butch Vig, Nirvana and Garbage. Or his tours in Japan. And another driver Dan makes the best honey in Wisconsin!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for such a sincere review! I am happy that our team members connected with you personally and made such a lasting impression. I will be sure that both Pauli and Dan are notified of your positive feedback. I’m happy that you enjoyed our rooms and cleanliness as well. We look forward to your stay with us the next time you visit Madison.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Pauli and Brett our shuttle drivers were both great! He went out of his way to make our trip memorable and was incredibly helpful. We got engaged at the Sheraton and Pauli and Brett helped us look at places to possibly have our wedding and were very supportive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. First off, congratulations on your recent engagement! I am so happy that our team members were able to assist you in finding venues for your up-coming reception. I will be sure that they hear your positive feedback. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Great location and great customer service. I prefer to stay on club level the shuttle drivers are named Dave and are so friendly! They have a private lounge for Epic guests. And have Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2013
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our customer service. I’ll make certain that our team members receive your positive feedback. I am also happy that you appreciated the private lounge that we provide for our Epic guests. We look forward to your next stay with us for Epic training!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our second stay at the Sheraton Madison. The location is perfect and the price is right. Very comfortable beds and pillows...for a small fee, upgrade to concierge floor and get free soda, water, appetizers and breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy that you were pleased with your stay and with your upgrade to our Club Lounge floor. That’s wonderful that you were able to take full-advantage of our Club Lounge and all of its amenities. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds sure are comfortable too! We hope to see you for your third stay the next time you travel through Madison!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Madison. The front desk gal named Brittany N made our reservation and it was such a pleasure to meet her in person upon check in. She was most professional and personable. It was nice to have such great service right from the get go. Perfect hotel. Spottless. Bar/restaurant awesome! A must stay when in Madison

Room Tip: Had room facing the front of the hotel which was perfect. The nice front desk gal Brittany N. did a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for such a delightful review! I am very happy that you enjoyed everything about our hotel, ranging from our team members to the cleanliness of our guest rooms. I will be sure to pass along your feedback about Brittany; I know she will be happy to hear that she made a lasting impression with you. We hope to see you again soon the next time you visit Madison!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am very impressed with the hotel and especially the Staff at the Hotel. The front desk representatives, Eric and Josh always have a smile and provide outstanding service. This is my 3rd stay at the hotel for business and both Eric and Josh always anticipate your needs whether you are looking for a newspaper or need a wake-up call.

The Hotel provides shuttle service and Brett is a fantastic driver. He really knows the area well since he was raised in the area and provided excellent recommendations for restaurants. It's clear that Brett enjoys his position at the Hotel and the Hotel is fortunate to have him as an employee.

Location is great and Hotel is very clean. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am happy that our hospitality made your stay that much better; I will be sure to pass along your positive feedback to those you’ve mentioned. We take great pride in all of our team members, and I am delighted that they made such a lasting impression with you. If you are passing through Madison in the future, be sure to stay with us again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton while visiting home and family over 4 days in April. Got an excellent deal from one of the online hotel-bidding sites which made the stay even better since I ended up paying almost half price. Staff at the front desk were very professional. Room was very nice, clean, newer furnishings, flat screen tv (that we never used), bedding was very nice. Breakfast buffet on the weekends was very nice as well (but not cheap, be warned). Location was perfect - close to downtown but not right in it so as to be loud or difficult to find parking, and also only ten minutes from my parents' home in Fitchburg.

My only complaint was that the housekeeping staff were very loud in the mornings, and I was wanting to sleep in. I mean - VERY loud; as in yelling down the hallway to one another and even whistling loudly at one another right outside the room, despite the "do not disturb" hanger on the doorknob. I thought maybe it was other guests or their kids, but it was not. This happened pretty much every morning. I even had the fan on the room heating/cooling unit as white noise and that didn't even cover up all the shouting and chatter in the hallway.

So.. other than rude awakenings in the morning, everything else was quite nice. I just wish I could've slept in a bit more on a couple of mornings, since it is uncommon for me to have the chance to do so.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed our hotel and many aspects about it. Like you said, we are in a great location. You don’t have to deal with the hustle and bustle of the downtown area, but we are very close and offer a complementary shuttle if you wish to go downtown. I apologize that our team members disturbed your sleep multiple mornings. We strive to accommodate and make each guest feel comfortable, and I apologize that this was a disturbance. I assure you that your feedback will be acknowledged by the appropriate department head. I hope that you decide to stay with us again the next time you are traveling through Madison.