“Best in town”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Brian Borchert (director of catering) goes out of his way to make your event and yourself feel like the most important person/group in the world! He kept to our budget and had great ideas for the room setup, Everything was just perfect. Already thinking of ways to host another event there.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great, love the ones facing the woods/lake.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for the great review! I’m glad that our catering director made a lasting impression with you. We take great pride in his dedication to his work, and I will be sure that he receives your positive feedback. We hope to see you again for the next event that you host!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked on Price-Line. Hotel has obviously been recently upgraded. Beautiful lobby. Friendly desk staff. Room was spotless and the beds were fit for a princess. It was a very pleasant staff and we would come back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

What a wonderful review! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for appreciating our staff and the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds sure are comfortable! We hope to see you again the next time you visit Madison.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

As I drove through Madison from Chicago enroute Minneapolis, I remarked to my husband "Madison is a great city, too bad we don't have time to stop"...and about 10 minutes later, the car died.
That speedbump aside, a call to the Sheraton (on Easter Sunday) yielded a friendly voice and absolutely excellent service. I had a room (& an SPG u/g, no less) in no time, and the promised Sheraton shuttle ride showed up rapidly at the repair shop , even faster than we expected! Check-in was similarly cheerful and efficient, and my room was - as previously described - clean, comfortable and pleasant. I had numerous requests and questions; without exception these were handled promptly and knowledgeably.
I was completely satisfied with the Club Lounge amenities and food, and particularly pleased it was open 24hrs for beverages and coffee, especially!
The fitness centre is well- equipped for a junior-Rocky road warrior, plus this hotel is well located for running/walking (& appears to have city-rental bikes out front) along the Madison paths.
Overall, a '5' for customer service and value from this hotel, and a solid '4 to 4.5' for the remainder.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian J, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I’m glad that we provided some happiness to your unexpected and unwanted situation. I’m happy that our amenities, including the complementary shuttle service, club lounge, and fitness center, really made your stay a great one. We also take great pride in all of our staff, and I am happy that they were able to answer all of your questions knowledgably. If you are back in Madison again, I hope that you decide to stay with us another time. Hopefully the trip will be planned this time!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We unfortunately stayed at this hotel during a heat wave last summer. We arrived at the hotel later in the evening and were told we were getting an upgrade to a king room on the top floor. This could not be further from the truth. The room was filthy and the thermostat said it was over 80 degrees in the room. I went down to the front desk to see if there were any other rooms available and he said there was not, but they could offer us a fan. If we had not prepaid for the hotel through a third party we would have left. The next day the manager came up to our room and saw the condition of our room. He offered us free breakfast the next morning, which we accepted. I saw the manager again the next morning and he offered us a free nights stay at another Sheraton if we signed up for their rewards card. I declined and said we would never stay in another Sheraton. Madison is a great town. Don't ruin it by staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonelocB
Brian J, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize on our end that we failed you as a hotel. I assure you that these are not the standards that we hold ourselves so highly to. I’m sorry that you had to go through these inconveniences and uncomfortable room conditions. We value every guest that stays with us, and I apologize that we could not meet your expectations in the end. I will be sure the appropriate department managers are aware of your experience and that the necessary actions are taken to improve the condition of the room you stayed in. If your travels bring you back to Madison we would love the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Recently we were at this hotel holding some meetings and I cannot express to you how wonderful/ exceptional the staff and facility were. Working with Eric and Zach (catering and sales office) made this entire process that much easier. Eric was very responsive to my multiple emails and calls with additional requests to accomodate what we are looking for. Zach was a great help when we were setting up the rooms for the meeting the night before the event. He continually checked in on us and made sure we had everything we needed. Jacob in the AV department was very very helpful setting us up with all of the AV equipment we needed. The event staff was amazing and really helped us with every weird/ urgent request we had! Marvin was a gentleman who helped us (quickly) with some really urgent last minute needs right before our meetings started. We just flagged him down in the hallway and he dropped whatever he was going to do to help us. I always say a first impression lasts a life time and Brett the airport shuttle driver who picked us up from the airport made an outstanding first impression on myself and my colleague. This was our first business trip to Madison WI and Brett was quick to answer all of our questions about the town and heritage. He was very knowledgeable about the town and more importantly about the AMAZING beer that Wisconsin has to offer. He suggested some great bars and restaruants to try during the duration of our stay!

Our overall experience here in Madison WI was great, but the friendly staff here at the hotel really helped us pull off a big meeting with flying colors! We really cannot say enough about how wonderful the people and staff at the Sheraton Madison Hotel are!! THANK YOU!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your story and for mentioning all of the details that made your stay a memorable one. We take great pride in hospitable staff we have forking at the Sheraton; they are all great assets to our team. I’m glad that your first trip to Madison went well; we look forward to your next meeting with us. Be sure to try some more great local brews when you come back!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

As a 100 night plus a year traveler I have found that Sheratons as a whole are pretty rock solid on amenities and offerings and this hotel is no different. It has a ez to reach location offering ample parking. You are greeted by a very nice lobby offering computer work centers and a large tv, check in is fast and to the point. I found my room to be clean and modern with high quality linens and great pillows. I have stayed here in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I booked on Priceline and got a great deal. However there rate of $109.00 would be a good deal as its well worth it. Starbucks coffee both in room and lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for such a great response! Coming from a frequent traveler and hotel visitor, I am happy that you noticed and valued all of our hotel services. Our complementary parking and shuttle are aspects that we love to embrace about our hotel. Also, our Link @ Sheraton and Starbucks Café are two things that complement our lobby area as well. I am happy to hear that you also enjoyed the room and all of its amenities. Our housekeepers do a great job of maintaining the cleanliness of all of the rooms. We hope to see you again the next time you travel through Madison!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed at the Sheraton a few times when in Madison on business. Overall it's a very nice place. The rooms are clean and well appointed, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is very helpful. The Wi-Fi speeds are better than average, and the Starbucks stand in the lobby is a nice bonus.

Here's the issue-- noise from the hallway carries into the rooms to a disturbing degree. A conversation at normal volume in the hallway can be clearly heard in the rooms, and people speaking enthusiastically after coming back late from a tavern will wake a sound sleeper. This is not unique to one room-- I've noticed it in every one I've stayed in.

I have a theory was to why this might be-- there is an unusual gap between the bottom of the room doors and the floor. You can see light coming through it when you turn the room lights off.

Whatever the reason, I hope they can remedy this during their next remodel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Brian J, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and found your room and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed to be very comfortable. I do want to apologize however for the inconvenience with the noise. Please know we will take your comments into consideration and determine what areas we can improve to eliminate noise in guest’s rooms. I look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.