All reviewsthe club loungefront deskstarbucks coffeeshuttle servicealliant energy centerclose to downtownhotel barshower headbusiness trippool and hot tubfitness centerking bedjosephinelobbyjoshlakeconference
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I enjoyed the pool and hottub, but otherwise the quality of my trip was poor. I could smell someone smoking even though there was a sign saying that the building did not allow smoking. I could hear the people 3 rooms down being loud and obnoxious. They were yelling and such until around 9 or so. They left and when they came back they were just as noisy.
I warn you, if you are taller, you will not enjoy the shower. The shower head was about 5.25 ft off the ground so I had to crouch to fit my head under the spray of water. The bathroom was slightly cramped as well.
The beds weren't that large, and the room didn't have that much moving space.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I want to sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations of our hotel. We are a smoke free hotel and do have a fine for guests that violate this law. We do have security as well as a manager on duty each night to help monitor for any noise or complaints. I will be sure to address your concerns with the appropriate department managers to ensure we are monitoring the halls better for any noise. We appreciate your feedback regarding the shower head and are taking the necessary actions to fix this for the comfort of our guests. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Madison you consider staying with us again; I know we will exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is an older property a mile or so from Downtown Madison. Rooms are a little smaller but have all the Sheraton accoutrements. The pool is nice and bed was very comfortable. Did have a problem with the heat where we had to switch rooms one over but the staff was very accommodating, Shuttle will take you downtown and I'm assuming other places.

Room Tip: Make sure the heat works.It's an older system.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and found our staff to be very friendly and attentive during your visit. It is great that you were able to relax in our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds and take advantage of our pool area. I do want to apologize however for the inconvenience with the heat; I’m happy that we were able to switch your room in a timely manner. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Madison you consider the Sheraton again.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at the Sheraton and were pleased with the comfort and service. The staff all had smiles on throughout the visit. The shuttle service is a great perk, They took us wherever we wanted within reason. Enjoyed the hot tub and complimentary Internet access and printer in the lobby. It has a bar and restaurant which were OK but nothing special.

Room Tip: The hotel shuttle will take you wherever you want to go (within reason) for a gratuity. Sign up for the shuttle at the Front Desk.The Club Floor is worth the small additional nightly charge
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us and found our staff to be very friendly and helpful. It is great that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle and the many amenities we have to offer at the hotel like our pool/hot tub area and our bar and restaurant. We look forward to your next visit!

Sheraton Madison Hotel

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We are currently snowed in at the Sheraton. The quality staff made me change my rating from a good to a very good. EVERYONE is so kind and helpful! Even the guy out cleaning the parking lot and all the cars off from the snow stopped and played with my kids in the snow for a couple minutes and made them feel very special!

Although the pool area is beautiful and very clean we wish the pool was warmer and the hot tub to be warmer as well.

Food in the bar was delicious and the staff was very very friendly.

We are VERY near the elevator on the third floor...wish we weren't so close to the elevator..didn't have a very good night sleep due to the constant bell from the elevator.

Would have only given a good due to the details in the room that need addressed. Bubbling wallpaper and some mildew in the bathroom. But, again the staff has been INCREDIBLE!

Room Tip: DON'T get stuck near an elevator!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

It is great to hear that our staff was able to WOW you and your family while you were here during a snow storm. I am happy that you found our hotel to be very comfortable and our staff to go above and beyond to make sure you and your family had an enjoyable experience with us. I will be sure we address the areas of the hotel that need improving to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Sheraton Madison Hotel

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

They need to pay attention to the details. I stayed in room 412, and there were stains on things there shouldn't have been. For instance, there was a dark reddish stain on the comforter, a stain on the shower curtain, and crud around the hinges of the toilet seat. There was also an odd musty smell when we entered the room. Other than these things, the staff was courteous, the bed was comfortable, and the location was good. I got a good price on Hotwire. If I had paid more, I might have been unhappy.

• Stayed: December 2012
Brian J, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I am so sorry to learn that you found your room to be less than immaculate. I can assure you that this is not typical of the standard we hold ourselves to, we will address the issues immediately. I was happy to learn that you found our staff to be courteous and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be comfortable. I appreciate you staying at the Sheraton Madison and hope we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit.