All reviewsthe club loungefront deskstarbucks coffeeshuttle servicealliant energy centerclose to downtownhotel barshower headbusiness trippool and hot tubfitness centerking bedjosephinelobbyjoshlakeconference
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton because the conference rate was the lowest option and I had a bicycle along. Hotels in Madison are very competitive and each has it's pros and cons. PRO: I thought the room was nicely furnished and of a decent size. And I could open the window, which I much prefer. CON: The breakfast bar selection in the lobby was the kind some places give you for free. You're out on a highway; there is nothing to walk to and the van to downtown has a limited schedule. Both nights there seemed to be people out front making noise late at night. I don't know if they were bar patrons having a smoke.

Personally, I enjoyed my stay. The bike ride to downtown along Lake Monona was gorgeous and the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great that you were able to take advantage of the beautiful bike path right outside, along Lake Monona into downtown Madison. I appreciate your detailed review and we will take your concerns into consideration with making our hotel the best it can be. I hope to see you again in the future!

Guest Services Team

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Traveled to Madison to cheer on family in the Iron Man race. The Sheraton is a few miles away from the center of it, but was still in a great location and the hotel had shuttle service to drop us off and pick us up so we wouldn't have to worry about finding parking downtown. The rooms were very clean and the bed was SO comfortable! Service was great - only minor annoyance was when we were checking in, the front desk guy kept asking too many questions after we told him we were in a hurry to watch a football game. :) All in all - great stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us at the Sheraton. I hope you had fun watching the Ironman race; it sure is fun to have it in Madison. It is great that you found our hotel to be so clean and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be so comfortable, I am happy that you enjoyed it! We take great pride in the hospitable staff we have working here and want to make sure all of our guests feel welcome upon arrival, I do want to apologize however for the many questions during your check in. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Guest Services Team

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for a four day conference. My hotel room was more than adequate, comfortable beds and clean, comfortable. Some noise in the am, but tolerable. Single serving starbucks coffee or Tazo tea in the room. You can decline housekeeping for a $5 coupon good for the onsite restaurant, bar or Starbuck's coffee shop. Nice open lobby with a variety of computers for public use and plug in stations for laptops.
The restaurant has some good options, but is very slow. For lunch, we could eat off site and get back more quickly than eating there. The pool looked nice (but I did not use) Workout room was more open than most. The hotel is right on the bike trail, and it's a short walk to the Lake. I did walk it downtown one evening, that took about 30 min. There are b-cycle bikes right out the front door which can be rented and returned at a variety of locations around town. Easy access to the beltline and colisseum.
My biggest complaint is that our conference room was cramped, poor layout, often cold and had a loud fan. The staff didn't always adjust snacks for the group needs (ex- diet sodas went quick and weren't refilled) It was nice to use the common areas in the hotel for small groups or working in pairs, this made the room bearable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your very detailed review. It sounds like you had an enjoyable experience with us and were able to take advantage of the many amenities we have to offer such as our pool and fitness center, onsite restaurant, Starbucks coffee, and our great location right on Lake Monona with access to the Madison B-Cycles. Thank you for helping us go green by choosing to not have your room cleaned, I hope you enjoyed the $5 vouchers! I do want to apologize however for the inconveniences you experienced with the refreshments of the sodas and the temperature of your room. I will be sure this information is passed on to the appropriate department managers. I hope we have the opportunity of exceeding your expectations again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I loved this hotel. The rooms were clean and updated. Staff was friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant was delicious and not expensive. I suggest you try the cheese curds with the chipotle sauce. The fitness room is good. It has a couple ellipiticals, treadmills, bicycle, and two benches with free weights. I would highly recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonTeam, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

What a wonderful review! I am happy that you had such an enjoyable experience with us. It is great that you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we offer here like the fitness center and our great restaurant. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

i stay here many times, the service is always top notch. this most recent stay, the front desk went out of their way to accomodate me. the beds are great, rooms clean, nice lobby. The hotel is always busy with conferences so be aware when you come back late looking for a parking spot.
This hotel is my first choice for business. Keep in mind it is not within walking distance of downtown. that is truely the only negative.

Room Tip: dont stay on the 8th floor. The elkevators to there are different and a real pain. & and below are fine.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to hear that the Sheraton is your first choice when staying in Madison. We truly take great pride in the hospitable staff we have working here, I am happy to hear that they went out of their way to accommodate you while you were staying with us. We are located a short two miles to downtown Madison with a beautiful bike path along Lake Monona, we also provide shuttle service. Looking forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Best Wishes,