“I'd stay somewhere else.”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We came back early to hangout at the hotel bar before heading to bed, only to find out it was closed. I have never seen that before.
There was not a continental breakfast offered, ice machine not working on our floor, water glasses were dirty in our room, and there was a toddler who cried for hours across the hall.
My friend said the coffee place had a good Carmel macchiato though.

• Stayed: September 2012
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am sincerely sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We have adjusted the hours of our bar to ensure guest satisfaction. We have many options for breakfast, our level one coffee shop featuring Starbucks coffee offers a variety of breakfast sandwiches, pastries and many other grab and go breakfast items. We also serve a full breakfast in our restaurant and for an additional cost we have a continental breakfast in our Club Lounge. I appreciate your comments; they will help us with making the Sheraton the best it can be. I hope you consider the Sheraton on your next visit to Madison, I know you will have an enjoyable experience!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was the best experience ever! Room service was great, housekeeping was awesome and even everyone at the front desk said hello and helped in anyway they could! I actually left my ipad by mistake and did not figure it out until I checked out and drove an hour away and they found it and shipped it to me! Great hotel with exceptional service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kili G
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us! Exceptional customer service is one of our number one priorities and it sounds like you truly enjoyed the hospitable staff we have working here. It is great that we were able to find and return your ipad that you left here as well. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

As other reviews have noted, this hotel is nowhere near downtown Madison, but it is within walking distance of the Alliant Energy Center.

This hotel is looking a little dated now, but the service is good. I was here on a business trip, and dined in the hotel restaurant. The steak was OK, but nothing special. The fitness room has the standard hotel equipment—treadmills and ellipticals, but no weight machines.

One thing to note: given the location of the hotel, there aren't cabs waiting at all times, so you'll need to ask the concierge or reception to call one for you (allow at least 10 minutes).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is great that you found our location to fit your needs with being able to walk over to the Alliant Energy Center. We also have a rental bike station out front and are located right on Lake Monona with a beautiful path into downtown Madison. Next time you are staying with us feel free to use our shuttle service to downtown Madison as well. I hope to see you the next time you visit Madison.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

if you seek a nice hotel, but do not expect to walk anywhere, then this is fine. It is a easy to get location to find--BY CAR--but if you wish to around the Madison Capital...or UW-Madison...forget it......this hotel is NOT close to anything downtown.

But is is Suburban...and a nice area

It is a 7 min drive (max) to capital...and parking is about $2/hr downtown...so its not bad, tho.

Also..it has free parking and internet...so we saved money there. All in all, it was worth not being right on top of things.

Room Tip: Use hotwire or priceline---we got it for $122...night...but you can get it for less
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are not located right in downtown Madison but a convenient 2.5 miles away. We have Lake Monona in our backyard with a wonderful path to downtown and offer bikes to rent as well. Next time you are staying with us please feel free to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to get to downtown. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is in a good location, next to a lake, so a walk around the area is good. The gym is OK size, and it has a outdoor (green house kind) pool.

I stayed here many times, as I visit Madison. It sounds like the quality decreased. I checked in, and was given a club room, which was not cleaned in the afternoon twice. Finally, I stayed in the club lounge to wait until they found me a clean room. The food in the club lounge was not as good as a couple years ago.

I am Platinum of SPG, I did not get any suite or better room than a club room, every time I booked regardless I booked a regular room or club room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate you choosing the Sheraton while you are in Madison and am happy that you enjoy our hotel and the amenities we have. Our Executive Chef is in the process of updating our menu in the club lounge to help with the experience all of our valued guests are having. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience with your room not being clean and please know we will use this as a training opportunity to ensure this does not occur in the future. I look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is an excellent choice in hotels if you are coming to the Madison area. Everything was clean and very up to date with comfortable beds! Every staff member we came I contact with was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your great review! I am so happy that you had an enjoyable experience with us and found our hotel to be inviting and comfortable and our staff friendly and helpful! I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

While there are newer hotels in town, the Sheraton was clean, comfortable, friendly, and pleasant. We stayed on the 7th floor and our stay included a great breakfast and late-day snacks in the club room each day. The staff was helpful. There was a nice indoor pool and hot tub and small work out room. The hotel is right next to a lake and hiking/biking trail, which we enjoyed.Although it is not downtown, it isn't far and there is shuttle service provided.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience with us. I’m happy that you were able to enjoy our Club Level and the extra amenities we offer in our club lounge. We have a great location right next to Lake Monona, an easy path to downtown Madison. We also offer bike rentals which is perfect for a beautiful ride along the lake. Thanks again for your feedback.