All reviewsthe club loungefront deskstarbucks coffeeshuttle servicealliant energy centerclose to downtownhotel barshower headbusiness trippool and hot tubfitness centerking bedjosephinelobbyjoshlakeconference
Reviewed August 25, 2012

if you seek a nice hotel, but do not expect to walk anywhere, then this is fine. It is a easy to get location to find--BY CAR--but if you wish to around the Madison Capital...or UW-Madison...forget it......this hotel is NOT close to anything downtown.

But is is Suburban...and a nice area

It is a 7 min drive (max) to capital...and parking is about $2/hr downtown...so its not bad, tho.

Also..it has free parking and internet...so we saved money there. All in all, it was worth not being right on top of things.

Room Tip: Use hotwire or priceline---we got it for $122...night...but you can get it for less
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are not located right in downtown Madison but a convenient 2.5 miles away. We have Lake Monona in our backyard with a wonderful path to downtown and offer bikes to rent as well. Next time you are staying with us please feel free to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to get to downtown. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is in a good location, next to a lake, so a walk around the area is good. The gym is OK size, and it has a outdoor (green house kind) pool.

I stayed here many times, as I visit Madison. It sounds like the quality decreased. I checked in, and was given a club room, which was not cleaned in the afternoon twice. Finally, I stayed in the club lounge to wait until they found me a clean room. The food in the club lounge was not as good as a couple years ago.

I am Platinum of SPG, I did not get any suite or better room than a club room, every time I booked regardless I booked a regular room or club room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I appreciate you choosing the Sheraton while you are in Madison and am happy that you enjoy our hotel and the amenities we have. Our Executive Chef is in the process of updating our menu in the club lounge to help with the experience all of our valued guests are having. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience with your room not being clean and please know we will use this as a training opportunity to ensure this does not occur in the future. I look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit!

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is an excellent choice in hotels if you are coming to the Madison area. Everything was clean and very up to date with comfortable beds! Every staff member we came I contact with was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your great review! I am so happy that you had an enjoyable experience with us and found our hotel to be inviting and comfortable and our staff friendly and helpful! I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

While there are newer hotels in town, the Sheraton was clean, comfortable, friendly, and pleasant. We stayed on the 7th floor and our stay included a great breakfast and late-day snacks in the club room each day. The staff was helpful. There was a nice indoor pool and hot tub and small work out room. The hotel is right next to a lake and hiking/biking trail, which we enjoyed.Although it is not downtown, it isn't far and there is shuttle service provided.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience with us. I’m happy that you were able to enjoy our Club Level and the extra amenities we offer in our club lounge. We have a great location right next to Lake Monona, an easy path to downtown Madison. We also offer bike rentals which is perfect for a beautiful ride along the lake. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 conferences, 2 months in a row earlier this year. The hotel itself is pretty nice. Rooms clean and all that jazz. Breakfast at the restaurant was okay. It's a Sheraton so that's pretty standard. It's a little far from the interesting part of Madison, there is nothing around this hotel except another hotel. My biggest complaint is that I couldn't get wifi in my room. It's advertised as free, but neither time I stayed could I get it in my room. I could only get it in the lobby or restaurant. Both times when I complained about it, they told me it was because the hotel was so busy. I might have believed them the first time I stayed when the hotel was in fact a little busy, but the second time I stayed there weren't that many people there at all. On a business trip, internet access was kind of important. Also, the conference rooms were freezing!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your response. It is great that you were able to enjoy the Sheraton for your two conferences earlier this month and take advantage of our breakfast in the Heartland Grill. I am pleased to let you know that our Executive Chef has created a new breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, be sure to try it on your next visit. We are also in the process of adding several new access points for wireless internet around the hotel to ensure all of our guests are getting the best connection while here. I know it is difficult to be traveling for business and there is a high demand for wifi, we are working on this to better satisfy our guests. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Madison you consider staying with us again.