All reviewsthe club loungefront deskstarbucks coffeeshuttle servicealliant energy centerclose to downtownhotel barshower headbusiness trippool and hot tubfitness centerking bedjosephinelobbyjoshlakeconference
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 conferences, 2 months in a row earlier this year. The hotel itself is pretty nice. Rooms clean and all that jazz. Breakfast at the restaurant was okay. It's a Sheraton so that's pretty standard. It's a little far from the interesting part of Madison, there is nothing around this hotel except another hotel. My biggest complaint is that I couldn't get wifi in my room. It's advertised as free, but neither time I stayed could I get it in my room. I could only get it in the lobby or restaurant. Both times when I complained about it, they told me it was because the hotel was so busy. I might have believed them the first time I stayed when the hotel was in fact a little busy, but the second time I stayed there weren't that many people there at all. On a business trip, internet access was kind of important. Also, the conference rooms were freezing!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your response. It is great that you were able to enjoy the Sheraton for your two conferences earlier this month and take advantage of our breakfast in the Heartland Grill. I am pleased to let you know that our Executive Chef has created a new breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, be sure to try it on your next visit. We are also in the process of adding several new access points for wireless internet around the hotel to ensure all of our guests are getting the best connection while here. I know it is difficult to be traveling for business and there is a high demand for wifi, we are working on this to better satisfy our guests. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Madison you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed in the Sheraton on Thursday August 9th 2012. The staff was top notch!! The hotel looked great and secure. I not only noticed the staff in a friendly mood, I also noticed the guests of the hotel were also in this friendly happy mood. I truly believe the staff set the mood for the entire hotel. Thank you for a great stay!! I will return

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim J

It seems you had a wonderful experience with us and found our staff to be very friendly and accommodating. It is wonderful that you noticed all of our guests having such a great experience as well. We take great pride in the hospitable staff we have working here and are pleased that you and others found the Sheraton to be the place where you belong! I look forward to your next arrival.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hotel was clean and easy to find. Nice TV and furnishings, however the layout of the room was peculiar (especially the bathroom area). It's not downtown, but about 3 miles away. We saw several people using the trails and recreation area that is very easily accessible from the hotel. Breakfast was not included, but the hotel does have a restaurant with a brunch for about $8 per person.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank midwestraveller
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for your great review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed to be so comfortable! We are conveniently located right by Lake Monona, the perfect path to get downtown Madison. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The Sheraton Madison is a well maintained with clean spacious rooms. Staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. The hotel does a very nice job of taking care of guests who are in Madison for Epic training. If that is what you are looking for, this hotel is Great.

If however you want internet that works - don't bother. If you are a Prefered Member who would expect that the club lounge would be nice-- again don't bother. I have stayed at this hotel 3 times over the last 3 months and so have many of my coworkers and they have yet taken seriously the complaints given by us that the internet service works well if at all. After making complaint about the club floor, they guest service manage says that the executive chef is working on it. It's been several weeks and nothing has changed.

Room Tip: Not recommened for preferred guests who expect Starwood standards.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug L
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us while you were in town for Epic training. I do want to apologize however for the inconvenience with the internet. We have been in the process of looking into how we can improve this for our guests and have added several more access points around the hotel to increase the bandwidth. We appreciate your comments and are working at improving our internet for the convenience of our guests. I know you have spoken to our General Manager and he is directly working with our Director of Operations as well as our Executive Chef to ensure that our Club Lounge offering is up to the high standards that we set for ourselves. We are looking forward to your return in September!

Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I like traveling to Madison, and this hotel is convenient to get to via highway 12 coming from Chicago. I might stay here again, but part of the fun of Madison is being able to walk around the campus, State Street, and downtown, and this location is a bit removed from that scene. This time, my meeting in Madison was at the Monona Terrace convention center, and I thought this hotel would be closer to downtown since it and the convention center both have a John Nolen Drive address, but they are in fact on almost opposite sides of the lake. It is a short drive, and there is a walking/bike trail around the lake, but it would have been at least a 45 minute walk. There are bike rentals available from the hotel to downtown.

The hotel itself was clean, quiet, had lots of parking, and a good value with my conference's block rate, and I got bumped to the 7th floor where the club room is, so the elevator required the room key to get up to 7 even though I was not using the club room. The room had no fridge or microwave, so there were a few spare electrical outlets.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located a convenient 2.5 miles from downtown Madison and have a great bike path out front with our Madison B-Cycle bike station to rent bikes out front as well. I hope it wasn’t too much of an inconvenience to get to the Monona Terrace for your meeting. Next time you are visiting please feel free to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle. I hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,