“Very nice stay at Red Roof Madison”

Red Roof Inn Madison
Ranked #56 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very nice stay at Red Roof Madison”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

My wife and I visited our daughter and fiance over Christmas. Their apartment is small so we chose to stay in a hotel for the 6 nights we were in town. The Red Roof (eastside) was well-located and the room rate was very reasonable. We had a very good experience at this Red Roof. The room was large enough and was always kept well by the housekeeping staff. The location is near the interstate but very quiet. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable. When we had a problem with ice right outside our door, I reported it to the main desk and they took care of the problem quickly. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We will likely stay here again if we need a hotel in Madison.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Great hotel amazing afordable. PERFECT for an inn. Come here it was amazing everyone. I enjoyed and loved. That was all to say.

• Stayed November 2010
Baltimore
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Nicely appointed room (microwave and fridge,) good bed, clean accommodations. We enjoyed the free wifi. Service was friendly and efficient. Plenty of places to eat nearby, we ended up going to a grocery store that was open 24 hours just down the road. We'd stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Debbie (at the front desk)is always very personable as well as Steve(the manager). I have met Noah and Luis on the weekend also and they are both good to work with.

Even when the coffee machine breakdown, they all try to accomodate and do as much as they can to make comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Colden, New York
Reviewed July 26, 2010

after checking in around 10pm, I went back to the car with my daughter to get snacks. We were approached from behind by a woman wearing pajamas, asking where the front desk was. She preceded to tell us that she just witnessed a "carjacking" in the back parking lot. She seemed odd but it was unsettling. At the same time, another woman was around the first & second floors clearly dressed "for business". I went to the front desk with my husband & if they knew what was going on. They said they did & were not doing anything about it. We felt unsafe & decided to leave. When I asked for a refund, I was told no, since it was prepaid through hotels.com. I went back a second time to turn in the key & asked for something to prove we were not staying the nite. The clerk was extrememly rude & complete refused, telling us to "just go" & very sarcastically added "have a nice nite". I have been trying to get a refund since. Hotels.com cannot refund until speaking with the manager, who mysteriously, is never available. I was also told that the documented version by the hotel is different than what happened.
The headache is not worth the $70 for this place. They will need it for the inevitable lawsuit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cajankowski
Clayton, Georgia
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Came in late after midnight clerk I think Noah was very helpful and friendly very nice surprise that late. room fresh & clean

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Since I was traveling with my dog, I made a reservation here based on looking for and finding a hotel that accepts pets. I was a little concerned about what this place would be like because of the budget rate of the rooms here, but I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It's a budget hotel and the room doesn't have the frills or extras, but the room was very clean and perfect for what I needed it for...a place to sleep after a long day at work and a long drive drive on top of that. If I wasn't leaving right away the next morning for the rest of my trip, I would have gone to do some shopping at the mall and shops so conveniently located near this hotel. I don't normally write reviews on hotels, but I was very impressed with this clean and renovated hotel. For the price, it's worth it and I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo