Red Roof Inn Madison
$184
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$95
The Edgewater(Madison)
$199
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
$76
$74
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanan overnight staythe wi finice stayperkinsinterstatedeskrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2014

After reading the reviews and seeing the pictures, I decided to book a reservation as we were looking for a decent, affordable hotels. After countless hours of traveling we arrived to the hotel only to find questionable people walking around and a rugged looking hotel. My kid and I were nervous so we told the front desk agent that we don't feel comfortable staying. The front desk person rudely stated that "she will cancel our reservation and we were never welcome back at Red Roof Inn again." That was our sign to leave and never return to this hotel chain again. False pictures + rude staff = a long night for me and my family 13 hours away from home.

• Stayed: April 2014
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your arrival to the hotel. I am sorry you felt unsafe at our property. This past weekend was very busy with the Midwest Horse Fair in town. You mentioned in your comments that the pictures were not our hotel. The 7 pictures posted are actually our property. I am sorry you felt they were not. As for the exterior, we did have a very hard winter and several of the doors had the paint peal off from the extreme sub zero weather in our area. These will be painted as soon as the weather permits us to start outside painting.

I am sorry the desk person seamed rude. I will be speaking with them to ensure they always are positive, even when a guest is requesting to cancel a reservation.

We do have several construction crews working in the area this month and staying with us. Our staff does walk arounds throughout the evening to ensure guests are not disturbing others. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences caused during your stay.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope you would consider staying with us in the future.

Red Roof Inn Madison, WI

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed there for the wrestling tourney. Clean room. I like the entrance of rooms from the ground floor and outside. I needed to keep my kayak in the room the day that I left and they let me keep it in the room until 5 PM ...... with no additional charges.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us here in Madison, Wisconsin. We're glad you like the convenience of our exterior doors. Many of our guests like the convenience to their rooms. I'm pleased the staff extended a late check out for you on Sunday and that you did not need to travel around the city for the tournaments with your kayak on top of your vehicle.
I will share your comments with our staff as they do enjoy hearing positive comments when a job is well done. We look forward to having you stay with us again when traveling in our area.

Red Roof Inn - Madison, WI

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Checked into the Red Roof Inn and the first room, although labeled "non-smoking" obviously wasn't. Front desk was accommodating and put us in another room which was better. Positives about this motel - free (and pretty fast) wifi connection, close to the Interstate we were traveling on, flat screen TV, gave a 10% off coupon to the nearby Texas Roadhouse (which was excellent) and two weary travelers slept well. Wish I could stop there! Negatives - it is a bare-bones motel -- no pool, no breakfast, no hairdryer, no in-room coffee (there was coffee in the lobby though), no microwave or fridge. The rug needed a good cleaning and cigarette burn in the bedspread, . But the biggest disappointment - we booked 2 nights and left for a meeting at noon. Returned at 10 to find our room had not been serviced at all. Complained at the front desk and they said they were sorry and would check into it, but we expect better service when we check into a motel. We travel to Madison often and will choose someplace else next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in Madison, WI. We appreciate your comments both good and not so good. I am pleased about the positives you commented on during your stay, The Wi-Fi, flat screens, and discounts near by. I am sorry about the negatives. We are a smoke free motel, and we continually work on the property when guests violate the Wisconsin Act 12 smoking ban. I have been working with housekeeping and maintenance to address this issue. We have been using some new procedures that are helping us to control the smoke odors. You mentioned not in room coffee, micro/fridges. Our Superior King rooms do offer in room coffee, micro/fridges, hair dryers, and irons/boards with a larger work area. This past week we have also introduced our Deluxe double rooms that now have a micro/fridge in them. I hope when you travel again to the Madison area you will consider trying us to see that we are continually working to improve our property. Thank you again for your comments.
Red Roof Inn - Madison, WI

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Check in was easy. The price a little high for such a basic room, but there was an expo in town, perhaps it's not always as high. It definitely shouldn't be, the room was awful!!!

Wisconsin state law says 'No Smoking ' in any hotel since 2010, but the smell of stale smoke hit us when we walked in. Gave me a horrible taste in my mouth all night. We opened the window but it didn't help. I woke up with a tight chest, I can't stand smoking. All our clothes smelt of it when we left. You should ask for a room that was previously a non smoking room before the law change. That is if you even bother staying here. I would not recommend it.

There are no fridges or microwaves in the 2 bed rooms. Only in the King rooms. No good if you are traveling with kids.

The carpet looked new, it had a flat screen TV and comfortable beds. Not sure if the comforters had been changed though, there was old food and odd looking stains on them. We used our sleeping bags! There was rice and old food covered on and in the air conditioner.

The bathroom was very small but clean. It had a separate sink area that was well lit.

The WiFi is free, but wasn't great. Had to keep resetting it. Very annoying.

There was no manager available to talk to about the smoke smell and the dirty bedding. We just hurried up and left in the morning. Very disappointing stay overall. We would not return.

No breakfast available. There is good coffee though.

Best thing about this place is pets stay free.

I suggest checking other motels in the area. You will probably get a cleaner room that is more comfortable.

A smile would be nice when dealing with the front desk staff.

• Stayed: October 2013
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I was pleased to see there were some positive parts of your stay. I am sorry about the odor in your guest room. The Wisconsin Act 12 smoking ban has been in effect since 2010. We still have guests that violate this law. And I am sorry. I am currently working with our housekeeping staff more to be sure they are reporting when guests smoke so our maintenance department can address it before new guests arrive. I am also working with them to ensure they are properly changing duvets so all are rooms are fresh and clean, as our guests expect them to be.
Again, I am sorry and hope you will try us again so you can see first hand the issues have been addressed.
Red Roof Inn Madison, WI

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Over all the 2nd room was OK. When we checked in there was a police officer investigating a guest that had stayed a couple days prior to our arrival and that should have been the light bulb moment to turn around. We got our first room and when we walked in there was an ungodly smell like a porta potty that smacked you in the face. When I went into the bathroom the toilet was full of "yellow" water and drops around the seat. We requested a different room and when we opened the door the smell of marijuana hit you pretty hard. There was nobody on either side of us so we figured it may have been the maid service. (Seemed plausible with how not clean the fist room was) there were people that apparently stayed/lived there that made us feel very uncomfortable so much so that we literally unloaded our vehicle of everything and locked it in our room for fear of the car getting broken into. We never would have thought Madison Wisconsin would have such a unsettled feeling come over us. There was condom wrappers and boxes on the ground outside and everybody we did see were so strung out on drugs who knew what would happen. The manager will probably reply to this with "I'm sorry" and "safety and security is of the upmost importance" but the proof is in the pudding and this pudding is rotten. Neither my wife or I slept very well having it in the back of our head that our car was going to be broken into. Please don't be fooled by the price and use caution when booking. It's a shame too cause the rooms over all had great potential.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Wright424
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry you felt uncomfortable at our Inn. As you mentioned in your comments we really do take safety and security seriously at our Inn. We have not had any reports of cars being broke into on our lot. Our staff also does walk arounds and if any guests are causing a disturbance we do address those. I am sorry about the odor of the first room you were in. I will be going over this with the housekeeper to see why she failed to report this to maintenance to have it addressed before you arrived. I am pleased the second room was much better. I will share all your comments with the staff so they are also aware of your concerns and to only help improve our standards.
Thank you again for your comments and hope you will try us in the future so you can see we have addressed your concerns.
Red Roof Inn - Madison