“Great Stay”

Ranked #55 of 63 Hotels in Madison
South Dakota, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Room was clean. Front desk personnel was friendly and helpful. Clean room and quiet area. I love Red Roof. They accept pets and have maybe only once had a pet odor in a room. I do not understand why anyone would give bad reviews. I have always enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inns across America. The only thing I have to complain about is that there isn't any past Souix Falls, SD, until you get to Washington State.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank klag1980
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you regarding your stay with us in Madison, WI. We appreciate your comments and that you had a great stay with us. I will share your comments with our staff as they enjoy hearing that they are doing a great job.
Again, thank you and we hope to see you again when traveling the Madison, WI area.
Red Roof Inn Madison, WI
i0052@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I are on an 8 week trip traveling across the country with our dog. We chose as many La Quintas as possible because of their liberal dog policy. They do not charge extra and are truly pet friendly. This is the second Red Roof we stayed in. They will not be in our future plans. They are very basic bargain hotels. The locations are adequate and the rooms are clean. But you get what you pay for. I vote LQ whenever possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sherlock621
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of Madison, WI. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel. We are an economy motel in our market. We do pride ourselves on being clean and friendly. We also have a great pet friendly policy and many of our travelers do appreciate that as well when traveling with the family pet.
Thank you again for staying with us in Madison, WI and we hope you will consider us again when traveling in our area.
Red Roof Inn Madison, WI
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night. Very clean room and nicely decorated. Good stay for the price. My only negative was finding the ice machine. When people check in, you may want to mention where it is at. Thanks

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank John726
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Madison, WI. I will share your comments with the staff as they always enjoy hearing that they are doing a great job. I will also share your comments to the desk staff to ensure they are informing guests where the vending areas are in the motel.
Again, thank you for staying with us.
General Manager-Red Roof Inn, Madison, WI
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed in a superior king room, with in-room coffee, microwave/refrigerator, and a large working area with ample desk and nice office chair. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The workspace was great. This was useful since I needed to do some work on my laptop during the stay. Everything was great except the Wi-Fi. I did successfully use the Wi-Fi at first, but at a point, I got a message the site was unsafe, and later I was unable to access the Wi-Fi at all. I'm not sure why, and I did not report this to staff since my stay was short enough that it was only a small inconvenience. Otherwise it was an excellent stay.

I appreciate that the hotel is pet friendly, since we had to travel with our dog. She enjoyed the room as well, as she was very excited when we first arrived in the room.

Room Tip: I really like the superior king rooms due to the added space, microwave and refrigerator, and the gr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay with us here in Madison, WI.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that your dog was also very happy and excited.
I will share your comments with the staff, as they always appreciate hearing when they do a great job.
We look forward to you staying with us again when traveling in the Madison area.
Red Roof Inn - Madison, WI
Helix, OR
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice, clean, basically your usual Red Roof Inn. Seemed to have been recently redone. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom (tub/shower and toilet) seemed tiny, but it worked. If you were very large you'd probably have to stand in the tub to close the door. And it was blissfully quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Madison, WI. We appreciate you letting everyone know about our property.
I will also share your comments with the staff as they also enjoy knowing when they are doing a good job. Our property was renovated about 6 months ago, and we have had a lot of positive comments. Especially the comfortable beds.
Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and we hope to see you again when traveling in the Madison, WI area.
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was very disappointed in our stay. The room was very dusty, the refrigerator didn't work,light burned out over the bed, very noisy. The pillows were so hard you couldn't put your head on them and sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Madison, WI. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay.
I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure they are reporting issues such as the refrigerator and light not working to maintenance so they can be addressed. Again, I am sorry, and hope you will consider trying us again in the future so we can show you our "True Red Roof Hospitality".
S. Marsceau
Manager - Madison, WI
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I do the trade shows for a living and booked this hotel bc of the assurance by the manager I would have plenty of parking. I explained I had a 32 foot gooseneck trailer and needed plenty of room to park. When I got the this property, the 45 degree angle to the left with a light post on the corner plus and uphill grade... Really pissed me off to be told on thing and get there to find something else. I had to pull around to a residential neighborhood and pray i could circle back around. i love google maps!! I later had to go back to that direction and took a seasoned driver to see this awkward turn. He said he was glad I didn't take any chances. This hotel told me to park on the street, which was so far away from the rooms. I had cancelled the clarewood hotel as the desk clerk said I should park on the street. It ended up costing me 400.00 extra for this lie, for the weekend as all the hotels go up in price if u book late. I will never ever call a red roof again. There are too many choices out here. I ended up at an extended stay on the west side of town and love the quiet rooms this hotel offers.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear World Traveler,
I am sorry there were issues getting your truck and trailer up our drive way. Our semi drivers do park on the street in front of the hotel and yes, they do have a walk up the hill (driveway). We are able to get trucks with trailers, motor coaches, etc in our lot. I am sorry you were not able to drive up the drive/hill.
I will be sharing your comments with the desk staff to ensure communications are clear with our guests bringing longer trailers that it is best to park on the street infront of the hotel.
Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience.
Red Roof Inn - Madison