“Clean room at a good price”

Red Roof Inn Madison
Ranked #57 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Ardmore, Oklahoma
“Clean room at a good price”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night. Very clean room and nicely decorated. Good stay for the price. My only negative was finding the ice machine. When people check in, you may want to mention where it is at. Thanks

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank John726
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Madison, WI. I will share your comments with the staff as they always enjoy hearing that they are doing a great job. I will also share your comments to the desk staff to ensure they are informing guests where the vending areas are in the motel.
Again, thank you for staying with us.
General Manager-Red Roof Inn, Madison, WI
i0052@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed in a superior king room, with in-room coffee, microwave/refrigerator, and a large working area with ample desk and nice office chair. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The workspace was great. This was useful since I needed to do some work on my laptop during the stay. Everything was great except the Wi-Fi. I did successfully use the Wi-Fi at first, but at a point, I got a message the site was unsafe, and later I was unable to access the Wi-Fi at all. I'm not sure why, and I did not report this to staff since my stay was short enough that it was only a small inconvenience. Otherwise it was an excellent stay.

I appreciate that the hotel is pet friendly, since we had to travel with our dog. She enjoyed the room as well, as she was very excited when we first arrived in the room.

Room Tip: I really like the superior king rooms due to the added space, microwave and refrigerator, and the gr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay with us here in Madison, WI.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that your dog was also very happy and excited.
I will share your comments with the staff, as they always appreciate hearing when they do a great job.
We look forward to you staying with us again when traveling in the Madison area.
Red Roof Inn - Madison, WI
Helix, OR
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice, clean, basically your usual Red Roof Inn. Seemed to have been recently redone. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom (tub/shower and toilet) seemed tiny, but it worked. If you were very large you'd probably have to stand in the tub to close the door. And it was blissfully quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Madison, WI. We appreciate you letting everyone know about our property.
I will also share your comments with the staff as they also enjoy knowing when they are doing a good job. Our property was renovated about 6 months ago, and we have had a lot of positive comments. Especially the comfortable beds.
Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and we hope to see you again when traveling in the Madison, WI area.
i0052@redroof.com
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was very disappointed in our stay. The room was very dusty, the refrigerator didn't work,light burned out over the bed, very noisy. The pillows were so hard you couldn't put your head on them and sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Madison, WI. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay.
I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure they are reporting issues such as the refrigerator and light not working to maintenance so they can be addressed. Again, I am sorry, and hope you will consider trying us again in the future so we can show you our "True Red Roof Hospitality".
S. Marsceau
Manager - Madison, WI
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I do the trade shows for a living and booked this hotel bc of the assurance by the manager I would have plenty of parking. I explained I had a 32 foot gooseneck trailer and needed plenty of room to park. When I got the this property, the 45 degree angle to the left with a light post on the corner plus and uphill grade... Really pissed me off to be told on thing and get there to find something else. I had to pull around to a residential neighborhood and pray i could circle back around. i love google maps!! I later had to go back to that direction and took a seasoned driver to see this awkward turn. He said he was glad I didn't take any chances. This hotel told me to park on the street, which was so far away from the rooms. I had cancelled the clarewood hotel as the desk clerk said I should park on the street. It ended up costing me 400.00 extra for this lie, for the weekend as all the hotels go up in price if u book late. I will never ever call a red roof again. There are too many choices out here. I ended up at an extended stay on the west side of town and love the quiet rooms this hotel offers.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear World Traveler,
I am sorry there were issues getting your truck and trailer up our drive way. Our semi drivers do park on the street in front of the hotel and yes, they do have a walk up the hill (driveway). We are able to get trucks with trailers, motor coaches, etc in our lot. I am sorry you were not able to drive up the drive/hill.
I will be sharing your comments with the desk staff to ensure communications are clear with our guests bringing longer trailers that it is best to park on the street infront of the hotel.
Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience.
Red Roof Inn - Madison
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Clean, quiet recently remodeled. Price was right..No frills, but thats how price is kept low. Perfect for a layover and close to the Airport. Ill stay again, no problem. Booked online and saved even more! Nice to walk on carpet not matted down with filth! Several choices within walking distance for food.. You should really consider this place no matter what reason brings you to Madison.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robert S
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in Madison, WI. I will share your comments with the staff as they appreciate hearing when they are doing a great job. It was good to hear from you regarding being convenient for local restaurants.
We hope to see you again when traveling in the Madison area
Manager- Madison, WI
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay for a quiet night. Lots of space in the room. Clean, Quiet area, coin laundry. Good room for the money.
Not much to do in the town but it has the basics which the hotel is close to. If in the area we would stay again.
Pleasant stay!

• Stayed March 2013
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased you had a pleasant stay with us. We will share your comments with our staff as they appreciate hearing from our guests when they are doing a great job.
We look forward to hosting you again on your future visits to the Madison, WI area.
General Manger