“Nice location.”

Ranked #56 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Helix, OR
“Nice location.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice, clean, basically your usual Red Roof Inn. Seemed to have been recently redone. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom (tub/shower and toilet) seemed tiny, but it worked. If you were very large you'd probably have to stand in the tub to close the door. And it was blissfully quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Madison, WI. We appreciate you letting everyone know about our property.
I will also share your comments with the staff as they also enjoy knowing when they are doing a good job. Our property was renovated about 6 months ago, and we have had a lot of positive comments. Especially the comfortable beds.
Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and we hope to see you again when traveling in the Madison, WI area.
i0052@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was very disappointed in our stay. The room was very dusty, the refrigerator didn't work,light burned out over the bed, very noisy. The pillows were so hard you couldn't put your head on them and sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Madison, WI. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay.
I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure they are reporting issues such as the refrigerator and light not working to maintenance so they can be addressed. Again, I am sorry, and hope you will consider trying us again in the future so we can show you our "True Red Roof Hospitality".
S. Marsceau
Manager - Madison, WI
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I do the trade shows for a living and booked this hotel bc of the assurance by the manager I would have plenty of parking. I explained I had a 32 foot gooseneck trailer and needed plenty of room to park. When I got the this property, the 45 degree angle to the left with a light post on the corner plus and uphill grade... Really pissed me off to be told on thing and get there to find something else. I had to pull around to a residential neighborhood and pray i could circle back around. i love google maps!! I later had to go back to that direction and took a seasoned driver to see this awkward turn. He said he was glad I didn't take any chances. This hotel told me to park on the street, which was so far away from the rooms. I had cancelled the clarewood hotel as the desk clerk said I should park on the street. It ended up costing me 400.00 extra for this lie, for the weekend as all the hotels go up in price if u book late. I will never ever call a red roof again. There are too many choices out here. I ended up at an extended stay on the west side of town and love the quiet rooms this hotel offers.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear World Traveler,
I am sorry there were issues getting your truck and trailer up our drive way. Our semi drivers do park on the street in front of the hotel and yes, they do have a walk up the hill (driveway). We are able to get trucks with trailers, motor coaches, etc in our lot. I am sorry you were not able to drive up the drive/hill.
I will be sharing your comments with the desk staff to ensure communications are clear with our guests bringing longer trailers that it is best to park on the street infront of the hotel.
Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience.
Red Roof Inn - Madison
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Clean, quiet recently remodeled. Price was right..No frills, but thats how price is kept low. Perfect for a layover and close to the Airport. Ill stay again, no problem. Booked online and saved even more! Nice to walk on carpet not matted down with filth! Several choices within walking distance for food.. You should really consider this place no matter what reason brings you to Madison.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robert S
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in Madison, WI. I will share your comments with the staff as they appreciate hearing when they are doing a great job. It was good to hear from you regarding being convenient for local restaurants.
We hope to see you again when traveling in the Madison area
Manager- Madison, WI
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay for a quiet night. Lots of space in the room. Clean, Quiet area, coin laundry. Good room for the money.
Not much to do in the town but it has the basics which the hotel is close to. If in the area we would stay again.
Pleasant stay!

• Stayed March 2013
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased you had a pleasant stay with us. We will share your comments with our staff as they appreciate hearing from our guests when they are doing a great job.
We look forward to hosting you again on your future visits to the Madison, WI area.
General Manger
Red Roof Inn - Madison
Calumet, Michigan
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I always try to stay here when I go to Madison (2-3 times/yr) - it's been so remodeled that I didn't even know it was an older place until I read the reviews. Great modern style, large clean rooms designed with comfort in mind, very clean, and the staff is very professional and friendly. The housekeeper was very helpful and cooperative as I was traveling with 4 ferrets. I love the no smoking and pet-friendly policies of this motel chain. We were there for 3 nights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
stevo608, Manager at Red Roof Inn Madison, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in Madison, WI. I am pleased to see you were happy with our renovation. I will share your comments with our staff as they always appreciate hearing from guests when they do a great job. Thank you again for selecting Red Roof Inn of Madison for your travel needs, and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Manager - Madison, WI
O'Brien, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This motel is older, but room has been painted and updated. Very nice and helpful staff. We stayed in room 141 (king size bed with micro/refrid. and work station) for 2 nights. This room was clean and very roomy.Bed was soft and pillows were nice as well. Flat screen TV was nice, but not alot of channels. Maid services was helpful. No guest laundry but there was a laundry mat just down the street. Great area to walk your dog behind motel. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back may have less guest traffic.