“Great location, helpful people, clean and a free breakfast!”

Radisson Hotel Madison
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed October 15, 2010

The Madison Radisson is well located and is clean. The room was a bit on the small size, but the price was reasonable and there were plenty of good restaurants nearby. The free breakfast was excellent, but the pool and spa were out of service for repairs - disappointing. There were large meeting rooms, but they were far enough away from our room, that we were not kept awake, etc.
We stay here several times a year & recommend it to friends and family

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Friendly staff, nice (and funny) shuttle bus driver, clean rooms, awesome bed and pillows!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I liked this Radisson. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet. What else do you need in a hotel?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I live in Madison and made reservations for visiting family members who were attending a funeral and would pay for their rooms themselves. I reserved 6 rooms on my credit card and later called to cancel one room (received by email the confirmed cancellation notification). The staff manged to make this process extremely unwieldy and confusing. Further, they charged my card for one phantom room because they claimed the party never showed. It seems that when the family arrived, they were told that no room for them had been reserved, and were given a different room. I was then charged for the room I originally reserved for them, which remained empty. Staff were rude and unhelpful when I tried to explain the situation.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
RadManager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

On behalf of our entire staff, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of the reservation process you experienced, and my condolences. It was my pleasure to assist you in removing the "phantom" charges for the 7th room. Since then, we have had many skill-building meetings to strengthen our reservation process and make it very easy for our guests. Thank you for allowing me to assist you with this difficulty, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2010

This outdated hotel room was the worst I have seen in many years. I travel for business and have seen a lot of hotel rooms and from the time I walked into this one I knew it was a bad one. The rooms had an unpleasant odor. The bathroom with tub and toilet was barley big enough to move around in or get into the shower, just enough room for a towel to place on floor....that’s it. The bed was hard as a rock and could not sleep much. Wireless did not work but the desk did have an Ethernet cable to plug into however not enough receptacles and poor chair for working. To top it off the window faced an auto lot and when opening the curtain in the morning was greeted by employees from the auto lot and the carpet seemed very old. I was limited in room choices on this trip because of a convention and the room cost more than most of the nice new hotels rooms in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with me. It's from feedback like yours that allows us to improve the quality of our amenities and services! We are currently working on several remodeling projects and improvements based on feedback from guests, like you, who have shared their experiences with us. I truly hope you come back and try us out again when your travels bring you back to Madison! -Brendan Eichsteadt, Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 21, 2010

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel because the place I usually stay, the Fairfield Inn - Middleton, was full. I have stayed at the Radisson Inn Green Bay Airport and love that hotel, and was hoping for a similar experience. Not so.

The tub drain was clogged and so I couldn't take a shower the first morning there. The wireless high speed internet didn't work (throughout the hotel -- I heard other people in the hall talking about it). The toilet in my room had rust and mold stains. The room doors are weighted and you could always hear other people's door slamming shut as they were coming or going, and this woke me up late at night and early in the morning. The plumbing was loud and you could hear your neighbor when they flushed the toilet, ran water, or took a shower. The room decor was dark and sort of creepy. I just felt like the place wasn't clean.

Overall, the hotel could really use a makeover. It's pretty rundown. The only reason I gave the hotel two stars instead of one star is because the staff really seemed to want to help and provide good customer service. In addition, the place has a great west side location. It could be a great place if they remodeled.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Beautiful facility. Had a great room. Quiet, roomy. Little off the beaten path, but worth it. Very pleasant, helpful front staff. Liked the touch of having cookies out in the afternoon, something most hotels have dropped over the past two years. Happy not to find the strong chemical cleaning odor in the room, something I wish some of the other chains would lay off of. Management, however, should take note of some of the "little things" that add up to big things, such as... the very nice commode takes 2-3 flushes to clear, so you're using more water, instead of less.... and most of the light switches in our room were loose (some very VERY loose). We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple