Radisson Hotel Madison
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$101
$85
$197
$75
Country Inn
$150
$135
  • Pool
AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West(Madison)(Great Value!)
$93
The Edgewater(Madison)
$149
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
$101
$76
$169
$164
  • Breakfast included
$150
  • Pool
All reviewssleep numbertwist restauranthot tubbar and grillwest towne mallcheese curdspool areafree breakfastwest sidehotel barbit datedepic trainingfront desk staffwafflesbusiness tripnice roomfitness center
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The front office is friendly and the location was convenient, but the attempts at prettying up the older property were not so great. The sleep number bed didn't work very well. The cable was a bit spotty on the television. The water pressure in the shower was not great and the bathroom was small. This place will work in a pinch, but there are better hotels in Madison, WI.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank stosboy
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was a nice base for a trip out to Madison for graduation. Close to shopping and lots of restaurants. Only a 10 minute drive to the Campus. Rooms were in need of a bit of maintenance, paint was pealing from the ceiling in our room, not quite the quality of a 3 star Radisson I expected. Overall it was pretty clean and the breakfast was OK nothing special, but for the price we paid for the room we couldn't complain. There was a very strong chlorine smell in our room, but after walking past the laundry facilitates in the morning I believe it came from the sheets. At least I knew they were very clean and disinfected. We did not experience any of the wifi issues the other reviewers have mentioned. We would stay again for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Turned on the bathtub and brown water came out.

Turned on the sink, brown water came out.

Ice machine on 2nd floor, doesn't work

Ethernet connection in room doesn't work, Wifi is very spotty and extremely slow.

I had to stay here for work, It is a dirty, nasty, place. I wouldn't even call it a hotel. If you have a job that requires you to stay here, you should quit your job and find a new one.

I don't think there is any point in complaining to the front desk from looking at the other reviews on here.

Room Tip: Any room in another hotel would be better
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Randy-A999
mark b, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

I offer our most sincere apologies as this is in not how we want a guest experience to be. We had our water main shut off for three hours for a repair, but it is our error as we need to run the water in all guest rooms to clear the lines, and this is our fault. We often work with companies from the Seattle area and we truly value your business. If you would email me, mbrown@radmad.com, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you and foremost offer my sincere regrets and secondly ask if you would come back for a complimentary stay so as to try and regain your confidence. Again this is not how we do business in all aspects of your stay, including cleanliness, wifi access and the water issue. My deepest apologies..Mark Brown, Director of Sales, We hope you will consider contacting me and returning to stay with us.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I booked a suite using a deal we found online. When we arrived just after check-in time we were told our room still had to be cleaned from last night's guests. They lady at the front desk was very apologetic and offered to let us leave our bags and to call us when the room was ready. We had some errands to run anyway so it was no big deal but I could see how some people would be upset at this.

We received a call less than 15 minutes later saying are room was ready. The room was nice. The living room area was very spacious. The bedroom had a door which closed it off from the living room. This was nice to have since sound traveled a bit from the hallway. The whirlpool tub was next to the bed in a little alcove area. My wife enjoyed how cosy it felt. The only real complaint we had was the bathroom. It was a bit small and it seemed as if the shower took up the majority of it.

The pool ph did not seem right to me either. I don't swim much but it seemed a bit too strong.
We also had a chance to stop in the bar area for a few drinks. The bartender was fantastic! Unfortunately I didn't catch his name. The breakfast was ok. Decent selection of hot and cold food.

Overall it was a great getaway with plenty to keep us entertained around the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S-Rod22
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is a hotel that was new 30 years ago but isn't today. The owners have done some redecoraating and there is a flat screen TV in the room. Sleep number beds are a nice touch. But the first room we were in smelled musty (can't open a window for fresh air) and the wifi wasn't working. Couldn't call down to the front desk to report it. We had to switch to another room (wasn't even given the key for the old room so it was awkward to have to haul everything out of it and to the new room which was quite far away). There, too, the wifi would not connect. Wasted over an hour trying to get it connected. Maintenance guy came up and had no better luck. Why provide wifi if it doesn't work in the whole hotel? Desk clerk couldn't find the number for tech support.

Was it clean? Not quite. Did everything work as it should? NO! Was the problem promptly rectified? No. Would I recommend staying here? No.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 6530bx4
Mark B, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

I wanted to thank your for taking the time to write about your recent stay here at The Radisson. We offer our sincere apologies for the disapointing stay that you had. We are just beginning a $1.5 million renovation of the entire hotel including all guest rooms. The lack of wifi service and the other problems you encountered are not up to our usual standard, and we have addressed these problems in detail with our front desk and maintenance staff. Please contact me at mbrown@radmad.com to discuss your recent stay and an invitation for a complimentary visit in the future. Again, we offer our sincere apologies and hope you will give us an opportuntiy to regain your confidence. Mark Brown Director of Sales